[[求助与讨论]] [翻译练习] 家 信

[复制链接]
kidolala 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-10-4 14:49:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
大家不妨来试试!把它译成英文吧!加油!   
[翻译练习]

原文:

大学时代,情书可以少写或者不写,家信则是少不了的。

刚进大学时,陌生的环境,陌生的人群,甚至连宿舍楼下的磁卡电话也是陌生的。于是,隔三差五,又一封家信带着深深的问候飞向父母手中。识字不多的父亲读着洋溢着南国气息的来信,觉得最惬意不过的了;小学毕业的母亲竟也听得津津有味,尽管她始终搞不懂“克隆”技术究竟是怎么一回事。

入学后的新鲜感消失后,信也渐渐地少了,不会再把饭盆磕掉一块瓷之类的事告诉父母了。不过,写家信的一个最大的好处是:它让我忽然觉悟到父母深藏不露的幽默。父母的回信上,除了老生常谈的好好学习、遵守纪律外,还有一些今大学教授都为之皱眉的离奇的事。例如,最近一封来信,正值联合国秘书长安南为解决伊拉克武器核查危机前往巴格达而进行外交翰旋。父亲在信中说,报上那个隐形战斗机分明可以看到,干吗说它“隐形”呢?

对于这类问题,我总是写信耐心地解释给他们听。回答不了的,查资料,问老师,以满足这两位“编外大学生”的求知欲望。去年寒假回家,母亲竟然背诵出“信息高速公路”的定义来。。。当然,有几处是父亲提醒的。

父母同样需要新鲜知识,需要倾心交流,需要关爱和理解,家信是再好不过了。

拿起笔来,写封家信吧,偶尔撒个娇也无妨。
回复

使用道具 举报

kidolala 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-20 17:59:27 | 显示全部楼层
怎么没人翻翻呀???
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-20 18:06:35 | 显示全部楼层
太长了 查字典也要查老半天
回复

使用道具 举报

kidolala 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-21 14:35:56 | 显示全部楼层
这是算短的了。想要学好英语,就不能怕查字典!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-21 17:24:56 | 显示全部楼层
我是新人,不知如何得威望,请多多指教。拙译见笑了。
========
In college time, one can write little or no love letters, but home mails are indispensable.

When I first entered the university, I felt quite unfamiliar with the environment, the crowd of people, and even with the IC phone below the dormitory. Thereupon, home letters are sent to my parents at intervals, with my deepest greetings. Reading the incoming mails brimming with the flavor of Southern China, my father with a low level of literacy would feel most satisfied, and so did my mother, who has only had a primary school education, although she until now hasn't understood the exact meaning of "cloning" technology.

As the feeling of novelty faded away, mails home became less and less frequent. I no longer reported to my parents trifles such as a small portion of china on my dinner bowl was knocked off, etc. However, I found a greatest benefit of writing home letters, that it made me aware of the hidden humor of my parents. In their replies, besides the platitude of that I be hard-working and disciplined, there are also some odd and "silly" sayings. For instance, the last letter was sent just when UN Secretary General Kofi Annan went to Bagdad for a diplomatic mediation. Father asked in the mail, why do we call the stealth fighter "stealth" when it can be clearly observed on the newspaper?

As to these questions, I always patiently wrote them the explanation. For those hard to answer, I searched for references, or asked my teachers, so as to still their thirst for knowledge. Last winter vacation when I returned home, I felt quite surprised when my mother recited the definition of "information superhighway" ... some parts reminded by my father, of course.

Parents, as well as us, need fresh knowledge, wholehearted communication, and need caring, love and understanding. Home letters can't be better.

So, pick up your pen, and write a letter home. You can occasionally speak like a spoild child just as well.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-21 18:06:34 | 显示全部楼层
时代的翻译 -金山再线age epoch era times  共四个  估计是最后一个
回复

使用道具 举报

kidolala 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2006-12-3 15:30:18 | 显示全部楼层
wesnoth 还不错~~~~加油!过几天我会公布译文!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-12-3 17:48:26 | 显示全部楼层
引用第5楼i_sfeng2006-10-21 18:06发表的“”:
时代的翻译 -金山再线age epoch era times  共四个  估计是最后一个
阁下是什么意思啊,请明示(发短信息给我吧)
回复

使用道具 举报

kidolala 该用户已被删除
 楼主| 发表于 2007-1-13 16:23:29 | 显示全部楼层
Leters to and from home

During one's college years,one can do without love letters,but writting to family is simply a must.

when I first entered the university , everything is new to me:the environment,crowd of people and magnetic card telephone booth below oru dormitory  building.so every few days,I would write home, sending them my deepest love.My letters are imbued with fresh breeze from the south would give my barely literate father. My mother whose education did not  extend beyond primary school, woukd listen enraptured to my father reading my missive,although for her life,she could not make out what cloning was.

with the sense of novelty gradually wearing off,my written communication with home became less frquent.I no longer tell my parents such refles as my rice bowl having got chipped,but o have discovered the greatest thing about writting letter to and from home,my parents do have subtle sense of humor. In the reply to me,in addiction to the ofen-repeated injunvtion about the need to "study hard" and "observe the regulations " .They sometime would raise the most complicated questions with comp;etely baffle,university professor.For instance, I received one letter a few days ago, with my father wrote at the time when Koffi Annan ,the UN Secretaty General was midiated in Baghdad in Iraq to defuse the crisics over the weapon check.In my letter ,my fathe argue seriously seen invisible fighter,how can they give such name?
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 08:31 , Processed in 0.377548 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.