注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1726|回复: 1

[[求助与讨论]] 这篇短文如何翻译

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-13 12:14:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这是地理杂志里的一篇文章,虽然短小,要翻译好不简单。请高手练笔赐教

Climbing mountains has taught me more about photography than nearly anything else I’ve done, and this month’s story on Reinhold Messner, the greatest mountaineer of all, reminds me why.

As a young man I climbed Oregon’s Cascades. Later, as a photographer, I tackled peaks in Alaska, Canada, Tanzania, Kenya, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Every ascent gave me the joy of accomplishment. Each had something to teach. Digging out from an avalanche in Alaska’s Chugach Mountains taught me lesson number one: how to “handle situations,” as Messner says. Learn to be calm in the face of chaos. Lesson number two: perseverance. “If you have to crawl on hands and knees, you’re going to get there,” said the late Barry Bishop, a Geographic staffer and a member of the first American expedition to summit Everest. The last lesson: observation. Pay attention to the weather, your gear, and every step you take.

Climbing mountains stretches you physically and mentally. You tap reserves you never knew you had. Doubt evaporates. You know who you are and what you can do. The secret of Reinhold Messner’s ability to do the impossible-to conquer the highest mountains unaided by oxygen-was this : Messner, said Nena Holguin, his companion on his 1980 Everest climb, ”trusted himself.”
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-10-15 21:50:45 | 显示全部楼层
俺从登山当中学到的摄影知识比任何地方都多。本月杂志中最伟大的登山家Reinhold Messner的故事再次令俺感触到这一点。

俺年青时候就登上过Oregon’s Cascades。后来作为一名摄影师又在阿拉斯加,加拿大,坦桑尼亚,肯尼亚和刚果民主共和国登上过当地的最高峰。不但从每次登山中得到成功的欣喜,而且学到新的东西。俺从阿拉斯加Chugach山的雪崩中挖出通道逃生的经历中学到的第一课是Messner所说的“处理紧急情况”。俺学会了在混乱面前保持冷静。第二课是“坚韧不拔”。已经去世的地理编辑Barry Bishop是美国首次登顶珠穆朗玛峰成员,他曾说:就算爬也要爬到地方。最后一课是“观察”。要注意天气,装备和迈出的每一步。

登山可以扩展人身心两方面的能力。你会发挥出自己从来不知道的潜能,对自己的怀疑会烟消云散。你会清楚自己是谁,坚信自己的能力。Reinhold Messner在1980年完成了不用氧气登上了珠穆朗玛峰这一几乎不可能的壮举。他那次登山的队友Nena Holguin说,Messner的秘密就是“他相信自己。”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 06:58 , Processed in 0.330359 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.