搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1226|回复: 15

[[小语种资源]] 第十期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-4-16 10:56:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
第十期论坛英语辩论活动(1个威望)

活动说明:
1.按照辩论要求,会员用英语发表对问题的看法,力求新颖,独到,发言以跟帖方式进行,发言不要太多,少于500词,严禁无内容灌水,同意或反对谁的观点都要说明白理由.灌水帖将不通知删除,多次灌水的会员扣1个威望,请注意!
2.活动暂时定为1周一次,待本次活动结束将对此活动规则进行完善.

奖励办法:
对勇于发言,观点较新,英语水平较高的会员由本版主综合以上几个方面评选出5位并各奖励1个威望.原来想只奖励论坛币,请求还没有答复,暂时以威望作为奖励,大家不要错过时机啊.希望大家积极参与.
对活动有好的建议的可以将建议写在活动规则置顶帖中.

评委:montana,sddz

声明:本活动最终解释权归班主.

辩论题目:中国国粹--戏曲是否会慢慢消失
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-16 15:12:13 | 显示全部楼层
No, at least before several centuries passed.First, the cultural background with long long history has rooted in Chinese people deeply. Second, the development of it is going on and promoting by a lot of special research organisitions and our government,which makes it a promising future. Third, the fact that the differences of types and contents, in particular, existing in Chinese common villages, determines the complex developing pathways as well as long time. That is to say, it is still young in China.  
回复

使用道具 举报

camellia 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-4-16 17:35:47 | 显示全部楼层
No,it is the culture that can not disappear ,based on the  protection.As the spirit symbol of our nation,it will develop better in the future,ahthough at present  it is threatened by the extoic culture.First,we need make the people know the important value it is for us,so we are responsible for its sustainable devolopement;Second,we have been living with it for a very long time,it is one  part of our everydaylife .We have the reason to belive that  it will have a brighter future ,if we all give our attention to it !
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-16 20:13:21 | 显示全部楼层
chinese opera will disappear slowly,i think so.Because more and more younth dislike it,they like rock,movie,MTV and so on.With the old generation dying,I think the next generation will not accept it.The Chinese opera will be recored on the CD and put away,just like the second floor camellia says the opera be remained just for the culture protection.In the future,people who engage in this career will be more and more less and at last disappear.
  If you agree the opinion that the chinese opera will be remained,I ask you question :do you want to engage in chinese opera? I think 99% people's answers is 'No!'.
  what is the priceless in the 21 century,it is talent.If there is no talent to support this business,this business is hopeless.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-4-16 20:28:46 | 显示全部楼层
辩论的字数在400~500词之间

否则不评分~

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-16 21:32:54 | 显示全部楼层
I think we must look at such thing from two aspects.everything has two sides.on one side, everything must go naturally.if Chinese opera can not meet the demand of our society. then its disapperance is understandable. the same goes for many things in this world. the best exists. the best survived. on the other side, there so many fans here in china and so many chinese opera lovers over the sea including many foreigners,they are fascinated by the charm and the beaurty of the essence of chinses culure. they are the good reason that chinses operan will not disappear in the near future.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-17 14:31:03 | 显示全部楼层
My attitude to the future of our traditional opera is positive.Traditional opera is one of the spiritual treasure of our Chinese people.It is safe to conclude that it is adapted to Chinese country situation,because it has always continued and developed for so many years since it came into being.Chinese need this kind of spiritual product.But,the opera is sufferring from people's disregard severely nowadays,the reason is not the opera self.At present,the life styles and notions of contemporary people change greatly,and the manners of spiritual and recreational increase quickly too,large numbers of film products appear today.Because of the change of our country,the performing times of traditional opera decrease gradually,the decline induces that the youth's times of seeing opera drops,and some youngsters have hardly seen traditional opera even!
   But,Chinese need to opera is still very hearty.The demand of tickets exceeds supply when some operas are played in many cities.In addition,the traditional opera is greatly welcome in the rural areas of our country.The opera has wider market in not only the north areas where the economy developes a little slowly,but also the advanced coastal areas.In these areas,people favor the familiar art form which they can willing accept.The diversion of the life style doesn't diminish their love to the traditional opera.As long as the performance is fit,it would still be recognized by people.For example,in the periods of the tradition Spring festival,the actors of traditional opera are always hard to find and invite in the most areas of our country.
   The Classical is not fit to the vogue,but if wo can dig the potential vitality of the opera art well,and put up their unique feature,I believe that the youth will love it finally,but this needs every person who is working at opera devotes his tough efforts. They must consider the present situation seriously,and add the stylish element to their play appropriately in accord with the logic and rule of the art development.They should spend more time to develop their play book and do their best on inovation.Be positive instead of negative to their career.Our social and government should set more laws to protect and support the traditional art too.Competition system is strongly recommended to opera,it is sure that the opera industry will flourish by its run.As long as our common efforts,I think the future of Chinese traditional opera will be bright and refulgent!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-17 16:14:23 | 显示全部楼层
Chinese opera is one of Quintessence of China ,in my opinion,it will disappear slowly,such as BeiJing opera or Traditional Chinese painting or Cheongsam and so on will disappear too,the phenomena come into having a lot of reason.
     First, in modern life, there is a lot of competition, furthermore, information is transmit quickly as a result the world become more and more small ,so, more and more young people adjust oneself to fit in with modern society , at the same time ,the culture of a lot of developed country is influencing our life. English become more and more popularity in work and in school or university and in instruction manual and so on .so, young people must learn the culture of the other country when they learn English so that they have not time to learn the culture of nation, then its disappearance is understandable.
      Second, Many parents hope son or daughter study in abroad so that they become brilliance the life after growing up. so, parent do not allow their chindren to touch the culture of Quintessence of China such as Chinese opera or BeiJing opera or Traditional Chinese painting or Cheongsam. I think you are parent of yourself children you certainly agree the my opinion. furthermore if they do not difficult to success when your children play a role of life in Chinese opera. Someone can not make progress with Chinese opera.so,I think this is one of reason to Chinese opera disappearance slowly.
      Third, The some specialty of college or university in aspect of Quintessence of China have a little student, foreign student is more than student of China in famous college or university, many foreigners,they are fascinated by the charm and the beauty of the essence of Quintessence of China,and so,Chinese are fascinated by the charm and the beauty of the essence of foreign culture  As a result, littler and littler Quintessence of China such as Chinese opera、BeiJing opera、Traditional Chinese painting、Cheongsam was inherited.furthermore, foreigners study the knowledge of Chinese opera but the knowledge have very little influence for Quintessence of China succession,even don’t have influence.so, I think this is one of reason to Chinese opera disappearance slowly.
      In short,I think China opera will disappear slowly.in China, now the hobby of young people spend in sport,such as basketball、football in internet and so on, they spend little time in Chinese opera,so,the result of Chinese opera disappearance slowly.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-17 19:39:31 | 显示全部楼层
The Chinese opera is the quintessence of our country, our people. It is a beloved art and definitely will last forever. You should agree with me if you agree that China as a country will last forever.
He he, let me begin my argumentation in detail.
First, this art has its own fans who like china opera very much; they will support the development of this kind of art. They will really need this form of art as an entertainment. There exists the need of Chinese opera; it is also the reason why the Chinese opera would exist.
Do you like Chinese opera; have you ever been to the opera house to appreciate the classic episode? I do not like opera prior to this point of time I find the topic sponsored by the boss SDDZ. When I noticed that I have to write more than four hundred words, I am depressed. I do not know much about Chinese opera, and then I turned to the World Wide Web to search for relative materials to support my point of view. The first website I visited is named “dong dong qiang Chinese opera website”. The context of this website confirms me that the Chinese opera will survive the industry revolution and the economy reform and even thrive through out these processes. When I surf the internet, I use to listening to music. At this point I am tired of the pop songs. I download some episodes of Chinese opera available at the website. When I listen to them I found out that though they are not as popular as pop songs, they are not noisy. When I type words with computer or write something, the pop music will disturb me constantly and if I cease the music, it would be too quiet for me. It will be boring. When I listen to the Chinese opera, I can calm down, write my words naturally and at the same time I for the first time feel that the episodes are fabulous, maybe that is the advantages of Chinese opera, just like the merits of alcohol. I hate alcohol, I will be drunk with less than a bottle of beer (especially Harbin beer, he he, may be it is too strong for me). But sometimes I want to have a cup of beer, may be it is decided by my mood. Next time you want to write something or you want to do some literature work, you should try the Chinese opera.
Second, the Chinese opera has existed for so many years. It must have its merits; besides, it is the demonstration of the Chinese spirit. It represents the long history and splendid culture of ancient China. It is what Chinese people should be proud of before foreigners. So the Chinese opera has enough evidence to thrive in China, even the world.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-17 22:23:42 | 显示全部楼层
I do agree that Chinese traditional opera faces survival crisis.
I have the following reasons to support my opinion.
First, the total number is becoming smaller and smaller. According to the statistics,
nearly  one type of operas has disappeared every year in China. For example, in Shanxi province, the 49 types of operas in 1983 have reduced into only 28. That is to say, there are 21 types of operas have lost during the past 23 years. Many of the lost ones are invaluable in the study of ancient history and various cultures. The similar thing happens in other places of China. The second largest opera in Shaanxi, Handiao'erhuang, is an ancient type, which enjoys a very long history and has great impact on Beijing Opera. Now it has only one troupe left reduced from 20 ones in 1960s. It is facing extinct too because of lacking audiences and other difficulties.
Second, most of the audiences watching operas are over 40 years old, and the young seldom have eyes for them. Instead, they have great interest in the western movies, pop music. That is why the the Republic of Korea and Japanese movies and TV series are becoming the prime-time evening slot, Chinese opera is struggling for survival. The market of the opera is declining dramatically as it only attracts the older generation. If the young generation becomes old, it is at that time that Chinese opera is challenging the survival.
With the rapid development of China's economy, our traditional cultures have also faced the challenges of western cutures. We have to reform our opera, incorporating some new and fashionable elements into our traditional operas. And we can invite some young people to talk with them and let them express their opions about the traditional opera and gather these information. Let's work hard and save our national cutures.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-17 23:55:19 | 显示全部楼层
I disagree with the host of seventh floor. He said that Chinese opera such as Peking Opera would disappear slowly. He listed several reasons, for example, people had not time to listen to  national quintessence, parents did not allow their children to learn drama, and there were fewer students in drama major. I think the reasons which he said do not stand for his views.
In my opinion, Chinese drama and opera has their vital force. They won’t disappear in future. There are some reasons for it.
First, Chinese drama or opera whether disappear or not, depends on an important factor which is how many listeners show their interesting in it. In china, there are millions of people or more like opera. They enjoy it very much. Of course, not only old people, but also young people, even children are interested in opera. For example, in Henan province, a girl, only 9 years old, can sing Peking Opera and Henan Yu Opera.
Second, as for the opera itself, it has Chinese spirits and Chinese culture. That is to say, good opera affect listener or audience deeply.  When they watch or listen to a good opera, they will be moved by the plots of opera, and edified by hero of opera.  Some good opera have experienced hundreds of years. Liangshanbo and Zhuyingtai, as love story, displayed the sin love between man and woman. So, it attracts generation and generation’s people. I think, in our life, as long as we have pure love, it will continue existing for ever.  
Just for the reasons above, what the seventh floor’s host said is wrong. Is it right that we have no time to listen to opera in modern life? No, he is not right. Just because we are in hasty condition, we should find more time to watch and listen to opera. When we do like that, we will feel calm and we are full of vigor. Why parents do not allow their children to learn opera? In some art college, many many parents accompany their children to take part in the examination for entrance to opera major.  
Of course, it is true that opera face a critical point. Because this is a spending era and more cultural things are commercialized. So opera should reform in order to adjust it to the era. This reformation will give opera a new life and will attract more and more people.  In one word, Chinese opera will be long live!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-18 18:03:09 | 显示全部楼层
I have to say that I am rather pessimistic about the future of traditional Chinese opera. This pessimistic attitude can be justified from two aspects: the theoretical one, and the empirical one. The Chinese opera, being one of the traditional arts in the world, belongs to the category of pre-modern lifestyle. It is essentially an element of traditional community life. In order to enjoy such an art, people can hardly use their rationality to help. Most of those who do enjoy it, are old people who naturally dislike the fast changing society. What is closely related to such traditional art is the traditional lifestyle. People like that kind of lifestyle, not because it is more efficient, more humanistic, or more perfectionistic, but because it is the lifestyle of their own, the one they are familiar with. With the expansion of modernity, and the dying of old people, traditional arts are inevitably replaced by modern style of entertainment, like movie. There are plenty of examples of people who only see a movie when he is rather grown up but enjoy it very much. By contrast, if one does not grow up with traditional opera in the progress of his intellectuality, it is hopeless to expect he can ever love that king of art. That is the theoretical aspect. Evidences from the empirical aspect is even clearer. I think everyone can have an idea about whether young people are interested in traditional opera. Opera is not like tea. Tea in different countries are more or less the same kind of thing, and there is something inside to make tea to last. Someone claim that people only learn to enjoy tea when they grow older. That means, there is something universal about tea, so that despite your cultural background, you will find out the fantastic side of it sooner or later. Opera, in contrast, has many quite different versions in all over the world, between which there are a lot of diverse features. So my opinion is: everybody can enjoy movie, and everybody can enjoy tea, but not everybody can enjoy traditional opera. So in the long run, the falling down of the status of traditional opera is inevitable. Naturally, to hold a pessimistic about traditional Chinese opera is thus rational.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-19 22:41:30 | 显示全部楼层
in my opinion the traditional opear of China never disappear nowadays,but if we don't take some effective and positive measures,some local traditional opears will be a dange of disappearance.

At present our lives are becoming quickly and variously more and more,all kinds of foreign cultures come into our country and rape the art and business market,these cultures are accepted by lots of people,so do young people especially. the contemporary young people love new and exciting actions, but the Chinese opear is a sort of perform which the audience enjoy it with own heart slowly.then many young people shift their intereting to the foreign culture.for these,some people have such a rainbow that the traditional opear of China will replace by the modem arts. certainly nowadays there are sportful programs in our lives. lots of people spent more time to watch these programs than enjoy the Chinese opear. this phenomenon was obvious in young generation.but it is incorrect that we conside the traditional opear has living space no long.

it's well known that Chinese opear is famouse around the world and it has became the soul of Chinese culture.Traditional opear,began in Qing dynasty,has a centuries-old history and have extensive base in public of China.it is a very important in the art and literate area of our country.it contains inging,speaking,acting,stage scene, music accompany and so n,so it has
became an all-around art.it rich our culture and lives. we feel happiness through learning and enjoying it. this is why a great deal of parents sent own children to the opear school for studying the tradional arts.

as the matter of the fact that some local traditional opear have disappeared certainly. so we must take some measures to protect these spiritual cultres. at first the goverment should draw some policies.these policies should include that what's the meaning about protecting opera,what can we do for preveting Chinese opear from breaking up. how can we develop Chinese traditional opear and so on. second the media should spent more time to report the opear and let people to know the opear and learn the opear.in these way,our tradional opear will develop better and stronger.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-22 12:18:19 | 显示全部楼层
Will our traditional operas really disappear? No, of course not. Though it may lose favour in today's youth. You know these traditional opera, such as Peking opera, Shandong opera, Henan opera, Shanghai opera, is a part of our traditional culture, like other traditional art and customs, such as Martial arts, calligraphy, architechture. They form a part of our Chinese cultural treasure. They are what defines our Chinese nationality. If we lose them, then what can our nations be characherised by? Maybe at that time we may become americans, or British. Our nations will then lose its flavor and die.
  With the development of the society, our traditional culture is facing a great challenge. our unique culture, like traditional opera should evolve with the times.  Nowadays, we can resort to more different ways to make it more attractive to today's youngsters than our ancestors. In western coutries, the musical opera also is anquity, but it still enyoys great popularity. Why not borrow something from it. The problem does not lie in whether it lose its value for existence but in how to regain its artistic value.
  In fact, in the antient times, people might entertain themselves with fewer art forms except opera, for example. But now it is a different case. There are enormous entertainment activities available. It only seems that opera is not so popular as before. We can still see more and more opera fans. Different people may have different tastes.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-4-22 17:07:48 | 显示全部楼层
If I insist on claiming yes and putting myself in the shoes of negative side, many must haven't accepted my opinionemotionally, though they aren't interested at so called quintessence. Even so, I still firmly hold my position with due consideration at following points.

first of all, the topic we debate today concerns a kind of art--chinese opera, with a splendid history.let's go further on its origin and development during past thousands of years. it appeared to be a tool for entertainment, made our ancestors relaxed at leisure. This form of art gained its blossom in that peculiar context in which lacks of massive media and consequently were in the great need of this form of amusement. it provided ancestors with plays, music as well as gasa's story passed by storytellers from one generation to another. The periods without various entertainment  benefited chinese opera from booming. however, it is unwise to perceive its future merely by citing its past glory. The current situation also verify that being immersed in fantastic memory do little good to its development.

secondly, standing on a objective point, we should admit that everything is destined to experience birth and doom, as what maxism agreed. it is irrational to defend for emtional factors alone. we should treat its nature course more calmly and rationally as required.

thirdly, we have clearly recognized that chinese opera is not so popular as it was, specifically, gradual forgotten by young generations. AS the time passing by, it must have lost the majority of faithful fans. The cornerstone will be crashed by the time and indifference. Now that few people would like to devote themselves to promote  and publicize it. hence, chinese opera will be trapped in an embarrassing situation.
just as powerful dinosaurs died out, we are expected to face up with chinese opera's decline even annihilation wisely and peacefully.
From what emtioned above, I confirm that chinese opera would like to doom in due course.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-4-23 08:50:47 | 显示全部楼层
本期活动结束!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 03:07 , Processed in 0.386310 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.