找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 688|回复: 4

[[求助与讨论]] 随笔:9月10日见闻:警车还是限速牌?

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-9-11 23:41:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
越来越不喜欢这里变得只是发资源/骗财富的地方。交流与探讨越来越少。想改变这个情况,就随手写一些自己身边发生的一些小事情。练习英语也请大家挑毛病,指教。当然更欢迎大家就此话题聊天儿。

保证原创兼首发,但不确定多久写一个。

Sep 10. Police car or  Speed Limit Sign?

The hightway system is well developed in Texas, you can find \"70mph(about 112kmph)\" speed limit signs here while \"65mph\" or \"60mph\" signs are prevailing across the States. Anyway, the cowboys are not satisfied yet, I always see a lot trucks hurtling past me at 75 or even 80 on the road.

This Sunday is an ordinary one, and in the afternoon, I drove on the highway 6 back from extra work. The highway was crowded with speeding cars and I became one of them at a speed of 75mph. Suddenly the car ahead made a sudden breake which is unusual on the highway. I stepped on the braking paddle firmly to make my car slow down to the speed of the car in front, it was really a hard brake! When the speed got steady i took a look at the meter --- \"20mph\" I could not believe it! What happened? In a few seconds, I realized the reason --- two police cars were parking on the shoulder of the fast lane(usually they are off highway when parking). Obviously no one want to be caught speeding. Driving hundred of yards away from the point, all the cars gained speed again, and when about 1 mile away, i saw my meter was back to 75mph.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-12 08:31:29 | 显示全部楼层
支持原创!!!!!!!!!!!!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-12 08:33:36 | 显示全部楼层
引用第0楼neotsu2006-09-11 23:41发表的“随笔:9月10日见闻:警车还是限速牌?”:
  越来越不喜欢这里变得只是发资源/骗财富的地方。交流与探讨越来越少。想改变这个情况,就随手写一些自己身边发生的一些小事情。练习英语也请大家挑毛病,指教。当然更欢迎大家就此话题聊天儿。

保证原创兼首发,但不确定多久写一个。

Sep 10. Police car or  Speed Limit Sign?

我也不太喜欢一味的发一些在百度轻易就可以搜到的资源.
相信大家已经感觉到了,现在在外语学习版块发资源的朋友,很少有得威望的,这也从一个侧面反映了我们对本版块的理解.重要资源,我们会重奖,一般资源,不会得到评分.还有可能因为重复贴或发贴过多而被删贴扣财富.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-12 09:05:44 | 显示全部楼层
Usually only police cars are the real speed limit signs! This is what can be concluded from the above text. However, please never forget the electronic policemen!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-9-12 12:59:44 | 显示全部楼层
yeah, E-policemen are disgusty. but not all of them give you a ticket when finding your speeding, some of them are just doing the statistic work.

But the E-policemen on the traffic light never miss any that runs the red light.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-1 16:09 , Processed in 0.386527 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.