回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-25 11:23:30 | 显示全部楼层
对于考试资源有必要再细分一下,中高考英语、大学英语四六级 、考研英语等;建立翻译专区,下设笔译、口译、听译。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-25 14:37:29 | 显示全部楼层
我的英语不好,可能会有语法错误,不要见笑了。为了不影响大家阅读,我附上中文,呵呵
I think "recommend resources" is somewhat generic, and  it is  repetitive  with  "Listening resources".so,I suggest to delete it, and add a “writing resources” Plate.If there are good websites,they can be placed on the "other" Department.In addition, we should set up a "mutual aid" plate, so that we can help each other and enhance each other.
我觉得“资源推荐”有点笼统,并且和“听力资源”版有重复,建议删掉,增加写作资源。如果有好的网站推荐等,可以放在“其他”处。此外还应该设置一个“互助”版块,好让大家互相帮助,互相提高。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-25 14:39:20 | 显示全部楼层
另外说一下,版主规定必须300单词,未免太严了些,只要把问题关键说清了,就可以了啊,不然全是废话又有什么意思呢?请版主明鉴!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-25 15:10:31 | 显示全部楼层
I am very happy to be the fourth one to give some introduces for this forum,and the following words are my introduces and the reasons of them.

At first,we'd better set the item of [名家佳篇] ,from which we can learn English and something other very quickly.For example ,from "I have a dream",we can learn some English sentences ,
and which is more important ,we can learn something about the America culture ,learn something about America history,and so on.
At second ,setting the item of [有奖活动] is really a good idea.Many of us are freshmen to this forum ,and we are all want to study something and get some data form  this forum.But badly ,
as a freshman such as me ,I can not get nothing because my moneybag is unfruitful .So setting this item can make more people be reluctant to leave to this forum ,and at the same time , can improve our English quickly ,I think so.
At third, we'd better set the item of [听力资源] ,from which we can improve our oral English. As all known, the oral English is more and more important to our English study and necessary to our work . Liyang once gave us some advices ,I think the most important must be the one “Speak as more as you can ,as loud as you can ,as quickly as you can ”.But at first, we’d better listen Egnlish as more as we can ,only then we can speak as well as we want to .
At third, we'd better set the item of [资源推荐] ,from which we can get as more data as we want. We are in the different grade of English study, so we must offer more date in order to satisfy so many people.
At fourth , we'd better set the item of [单词天地],Study English must begin from the words. we'd better set the item of [其他],which can include something important but is not in a lagre quantity.
At last ,I don't think we need set the items of [阅读理解] [原创地带] [考试资源],because we can get a lot of them from a lot of webs. If we do it ,we just do something following others.
Do you think so ?
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-10-25 16:27:15 | 显示全部楼层
引用第3楼江南生2006-10-25 14:39发表的“”:
另外说一下,版主规定必须300单词,未免太严了些,只要把问题关键说清了,就可以了啊,不然全是废话又有什么意思呢?请版主明鉴!
谢谢你的提醒,我已经必改为不少于200单词了,如果只写二三行也给威望的话,显得咱们这里威望太容易得到了,你说是不是     
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-25 16:42:48 | 显示全部楼层
Increase the column ' the popular topic ': We can launch the discussion of the popular topic with the foreign language here, It’s the good place in that we promote for ability to express of foreign language.
Increase the column ' translate the space ': It includes written translation, interpretting, having spoken language; The listening, speaking, reading and writing advancing side by side, we perfect the big mouth to translate all over the world.
Increase the column ' learn to exchange ': Exchange and study the gains each other, help each other and solve the puzzlement met in study.
Increase the column ' the writing of foreign language ': The column includes the article that the net friend writes, its' comments, and the gains correctly.
Increase the column ' the seeing and hearing of foreign language ': We can also study the foreign language while seeing the film or listening to the music.
Increase the column ' the bilingual world ': Contrast the article in Chinese and foreign language;
increase the colum ' online and interdynamic ': Online and interdynamic for the answer.
In addition,
The column ' classic good piece ' change into '美文欣赏', It can include fine piece of writing of classic, expand the range like this.
Delete the column ' other ', It’s too ambiguous and unclear;
Deleted the column ' resources were recommended ', this column content can already be added to each other column, needn't have separately!
Discuss my own view briefly, please give me your comments!

写的不好,羞杀我了!我是想表达如下内容,请多指教!
1.增加 ‘流行话题’:可以用外语开展流行话题讨论,提升外语表达能力的好地方。
2.增加‘翻译空间’:包括笔译、口译、还有口语;听说读写齐头并进,练好译遍天下。
3.增加‘学习交流’:互相交流学习心得,互相解惑。
4.增加 ‘外语写作’:栏目包括网友文章,还有点评,以及心得。
5.增加 ‘外语视听’:听歌看电影同时学外语。
6.增加 ‘双语天地’:中文与外文对照双语文章;
7.增加 ‘在线互动’:在线互动问题解答。
另外,
1.‘名家佳篇’改为‘美文欣赏’,这样不是名家的佳作也可纳入,这样就扩大了范围;
2.删除‘其他’,太含混不清;
3.删除‘资源推荐’,此栏目内容已经可以加到其他各个栏目中,不用另设!
简单谈一下自己的看法,请指教!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-25 18:07:14 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, Engilsh study whould include at least four parts : listening, speaking, reading and writhing which are basic skills for any English learners.
As far as this board is concerned, I think we should add "speaking English" and "writhing English",  keep [阅读理解], [资源推荐], [原创地带], [听力资源], [有奖活动] and [名家佳篇], delete [其他], [单词天地] and [考试资源].
First, I think speaking and writhing are very important skills when we study English. As we know, a lot of English learners of China can read English fluently and listen English clearly but they can't comunicate with other people. On the other hand, writing English is also more and more important. For example, nearly every domestic university request their Doctor students publishing paper with English.  So, It will be very helpful to improve our speaking and writhing skills if we add these two subboard in the future.
Second, I think that [资源推荐] itself includes [单词天地] and [考试资源], so it is not necessary to have them all. When you want to introduce some resources about vocabulary or testing, [资源推荐] is a right subboard for you.
lastly, [其他] is also redundant when we already have so detailed subboards.
I hope our English learning board will be better and better.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 06:34:56 | 显示全部楼层
I totally agree with flyonnet’s views. “Listening, speaking, reading and writhing” –these four skills is very important to a language learner.
As a result, it is necessary to keep these sections--[听力资源], [名家佳篇], [原创地带], [考试资源], [有奖活动], [其他].

The followings are my opinions:
Firstly, listening skills and speaking skills are related. These two skills derive from practice. The more resources everybody provides the more practice we could do. Therefore, we should keep the section--[听力资源]

Secondly, reading to a language learner is prerequisite. Especially, we could learn a lot from the [名家佳篇]. To a second language learner, the culture background of the English speaking country is an assistant. [名家佳篇] also could be a pattern of our writing technique.

Thirdly, how could we improve our writing skills? No doubt is practicing.  [原创地带] provide us a stage to show ourselves. At the same time, we could learn from the other friends in the forum.

Fourthly, how do we estimate our English skills? Certainly is attending the examination. There are lots of test in the world to test our English skills, such as TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.  Everyone could share their own information in the [考试资源] section which could save us lots of time.

Fifthly, [有奖活动] undoubtedly is a necessary to keep in the forum. A small prize will stimulate the people for fresh efforts.

At last, adding the section--[其他] is just in case if I lost something.

That’s it, thanks for sharing!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 09:50:34 | 显示全部楼层
Though passing English test is important to those guys who wanna get some degrees, I don’t think it’s no need to set the special column for those Test resource kind of things. In my mind the two Columns [资源推荐]and [考试资源] can be united into one column. And the [听力资源] column can also be combined.

Besides, I believe it’s more efficient to read some English news than to view those elegant articles. If there’s any possibility to set the column named [每日新闻] and [morden life]?

Vocabulary is the basis of English learning。So the [单词天地] column should be reserved.

The Column [有奖活动] is great! It’s amazing to get some grade points by compelling myself to write some English things(although my English articles are always nightmare to me).  I got some grade points from this column. This article too? Haha.

So the result is:

Cancel those ambiguous columns such as [阅读理解] and [其它].
    those columns can survived: [单词天地]、[名家佳篇]、[有奖活动] and  [原创地带]。
   [资源推荐]、[考试资源]、[听力资源] combined into one column [学习资源]。
   Those new columns can be set: [每日新闻]and [现代生活]
回复

使用道具 举报

forem 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-10-26 10:54:43 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for this chance for not only practice but also getting prestige.

First,I would be very glad to tell you all:"I like this forum very much because I have been awarded several score from her which is very valuable for me." Now,I'm going to try again,for our communication and for winning more prestige.

My suggestions are as follows:
1.Grammar
Grammar and vocabulary are the basic elements of English learning. Lacking either of them ,nobody can learn English well.So ,to learn English well,we should master grammar and sufficient vocabulary.
So I think it would be better if a platform for discussing grammar was added.I think it's necessary.Do you think so?
2.Communacation
I think communication is the key of mastering a language.So we should try more ways as we can to communicate,such as reading,listening,speaking,writing.Which form we choose,our invariable aim is to communicate freely.If we insist on,I’m sure our English level would be improved.
So we should try some methods to encourage everybody to join in the communication.Now [有奖活动] is very fine.We should try to make it more active.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 11:28:12 | 显示全部楼层
thank you very much for giving us this precious chance to propose our ideas for a  better construction of our forum.
in my eyes, firstly,[单词天地] is not necessary since we have already too many opportunities to expand our vocabulary.however,if there were a reason for its reservation, it should be that the introduction of specialized words and their usages for english papers were solely welcomed.  accordingly,[单词天地] may be renamed as [专业词汇].
  secondly,[考试资源] includes too many subjects,so it would not be an efficient way for us to get  special resources for some particular examination.in fact,many of these materials have been included in other columns such as [阅读理解], [资源推荐],[听力资源].so my suggestion is that [考试资源] should be abandoned entirely.
  thirdly,[名家佳篇] is something like [阅读理解] ,so they may be combined as one column.
in the last ,i think we need to establish a QQ group so that we have a platform for oral communions,which is especially important for improving our spoken english and ,what is more,enhancing our friendship.
  in conclusion, my idea chould be described as follows :[单词天地] may be confined as [专业词汇] or be discarded; [考试资源] should be abandoned entirely;[名家佳篇] and [阅读理解] may be combined as one column; and  a QQ group  for oral communions should be established.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 16:24:41 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion,all subjects are necessary.
we can get listening resource from[听力资源] and exercise our listening and speaking ability . [原创地带] provide us a stage to show ourselves. At the same time, we could learn from the other friends in the forum. reading to a language learner is prerequisite. Especially, we could learn a lot from the [名家佳篇]. To a second language learner, the culture background of the English speaking country is an assistant.Everyone could share their own information in the [考试资源] section which could save us lots of time.[有奖活动] undoubtedly is a necessary to keep in the forum. A small prize will stimulate the people for fresh efforts. At last, adding the section--[其他] is just in case if I lost something.we'd better set the item of [资源推荐] ,from which we can get as more data as we want. In [阅读理解] section,we can exercise our reading comprehention ability.I think we should chose what most people take part in and elect what few peopole is interested in!I still find out that ther are mang uaers are bond of all these subjects, therefore,all subjects are necessary.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 18:39:24 | 显示全部楼层
Despite the english learning region of the readfree.com has been built very well,there are still something need to be adjusted,for instance the catalogue.

At present, the catalogue have nine division.They are [others],[space of vocabulary],[reading comprehension],[source by recommend],[initial works zone],[resource of listening],[resource about exam],[activity with reward] and [literature of famous].In all of these, something, I think, should be cancelled, some ,which there havn't should added.

In my opinion, [activity with reward] is a good subject to encourage the person, there, to take part in the activity active,and,of course, it give us a good chance to get "prestige" too.[reading comprehesion] is a good means for us to communicate with the other people in this region in the text reading learning.It has the all function of the [literature of famous]. So , I think we can combine them.

Usually,[space of vocabulary] is not used frequently, and it always publish text resoure, so cancel it and maintain the [resource about exam] is enough.Although [resource of listening] can be combined to the [resource about exam] too, I believe it is really necesary for us to retain the item.Nowadays,listening and oral has become more and more significant in the english learning,and will be in future.

[source by recommend] and [initial works zone] have the similiar function of the [activity with reward]. keep them on working is perfect. And if there is something has been forgotten, use the [others] subject is enough.

Generally speaking, I think simplicity is more effective than numorous. Our's forum will grow up day by day.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 19:35:46 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, the "recommend resources"(资源推荐) seems redundant, or, more frankly, it is needlessly repetitive. There already are many other sub-forums that relate to various kinds of resources. So, we don’t need an independent sub-forum. Those resources that are difficult to be assigned to WORDS, COPREHENSION, LISTENING, or others, can be directly put into OTHERS(其他). It is not worthy to discuss this problem thoroughly for many details introduced above already.

Is it necessary to add more sub forums? It seems there are enough at present. More sub forum, more confusion, at present, I think. We can add them, one or more, some days later, when it becomes clear that some trends emerge.

Actually, the foreign-language forum should participate activity of other forums or organize some joint activities. That is to say, introducing some opinions, discussing some academic problems, and proposing some interesting ideas IN ENGLISH. In this way the foreign-language forum will get more powerful influence. In addition, other forums will also get benefits. English is an international language now, many academic meeting and academic journals use English, so it is important that we can talk, can express ourselves, can communicate, and can complete papers, IN ENGLISH. Practice makes perfect, the chance to practice should be provided in every possible conditions.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-26 20:47:16 | 显示全部楼层
I think that [有奖活动] is the most important item for all of us. Not because it always be surprising, but also we have a chance to practice our foreign language. And by these practices our English become better and it can serve well for our career. So I think two or three times [有奖活动] every week are what I want.

Secondly [资源推荐] [考试资源] [听力资源] [名家佳篇] [原创地带] are also good for us. So the existence of them is necessary for us. [资源推荐] supplies the necessary materials for our study. [考试资源] is most needed for which are ready for taking test. Listening is what I seek because I always have bad Listening record. We can find excellent ideas from [名家佳篇],so it cannot be disappeared. The creative boys and girls will need [原创地带] to express their beautiful theory and thinking.

Lastly I think [专业英语介绍] is good for us especially when we get start to do some research in some fields. As for other item it isn’t as important as what I discussed above. That’s all what I want to see about advice of BBS for Foreign Language Learning.
回复

使用道具 举报

shao2006 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-10-27 09:18:46 | 显示全部楼层
Our members are from all around china and we all share the same interest as you,I have been thinking about the language issue and here is what I have come up with.

1.It is better than nothing, and I know that it  would benefit everyone in the forums.

2.foreign Language forum allow we to post questions about translations, grammar, culture, and other language-related inquiries. About.com, while  specifically a english language site, has areas that are run by guides proficient in engliish languages.All the items in the forums is importent for us.

3. I think all messages must be stored in English.  It's English forums.not the chinese forums.

4. It will have Chat forums.We have many problems with other people speaking in English tongue.

5.It will have English language Games room for we need a place to come and have fun and relax. Try it now.

I think I didn't get my though maybe I don't know this f0rums completely.that's all my own view
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-27 15:17:08 | 显示全部楼层
I do not think the columns in Learning Foreign Language need many changes. However, a little adjustment in columns may be beneficial.
The Rewarding Activities are interesting and useful to members. We can get reward for taking part in them, more over we can enhanced our English level .I want to say such activities really give chances to the members to do some English exercises with zeal. So, I suggest the Rewarding Activities should be more active.
I see some ones give the suggestions to cancel the Reading Comprehension column. But, in my opinion, the Reading Comprehension column has its value because we can get some timely news from it. Maybe the column has some shorts, but it is far from being canceled.
If we have to cut down some columns, the Words World may be the one. I, personally, think that the topics on some words are not so many, and if we want to study some words, we had better learn them in sentences or even in short passages. Then we can put the function into Reading Comprehension.
The above is what I think to the discussion. To be frank, I really love the space in the forum. The moderators here are kind and enthusiastic. The rules are humane.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-27 21:33:40 | 显示全部楼层
In my opinion, all of the subjects are nessasry. As it known to all, "listening, speaking, reading and writing" are four important skills for a language learner.

Firstly, setting the item of [listening data] is very important, we can gain many usefulless data that can help us to improve our listening ability, and we can also make  our oral language more standard by imitating the others.

Secondly, the item of [reading comprehention] is also usefulless. We can practice our reading ability in the region,.

Thirdly, it is nessary to set the item of [original region] for us to imporve our writing skill. We must make others undertand us by oral communion or written way.

Fourthly,  [excellent paradigm] is also an improtant subject, and we can learn from others how to write a paper as  excellent as native.

Fifthly, the item of [exam data]  is of consequence too, and we can test the effect of our language study at any moment by completing the exam data provided by others.
We can adjust our learning program according to the result of exam.

Besides,  region of words,  and [其他] are indispensable for us to improve our english.

In the end, [agon] is a indispensable subject for garden plot of foreign language learning, suitable awards can make us more positive to participate in the building of foreign language homestead.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-10-28 06:45:02 | 显示全部楼层
all the forums is necessary.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 03:00 , Processed in 0.409759 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.