找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1476|回复: 5

[[求助与讨论]] [原创]To kiss or not to kiss in public---that is the question!

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-8-16 23:04:52 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
非常感谢iampm和zfm对在下的厚爱。感激之余,又上传拙作一篇(某次比赛的演讲稿),希望和大家共同进步!

To kiss or not to kiss in public places----that is the question

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for giving me a chance to stand here and give you a speech, and my topic is “ To kiss or not to kiss in public places, that is the question”.  

The kiss of Prince awakens the sleeping Beauty. So kiss can be regarded as a symbol of pure and holy love. This is my understanding of kiss. However, Nowadays, kiss is abused in public places: kisses in a crowded bus, kisses on the wooden chair, kisses in front of dormitory, etc. So the question is: To kiss or not to kiss in public places?
  In my view, it’s not only improper but also against our culture and tradition.
No one could deny its nobility to express love to a person through a kiss in a right place and at right time. But out of place and at wrong time, it will make others feel disgusted and uncomfortable.
  Someone may claim that kiss is their own business and they don’t force others to see. But this is nonsense just like a person who smokes in public claims that he doesn’t force others to smoke.   
  Others may say that our society is becoming more and more open, but as a person in a civilized society, we should not do things without considering others’ feeling. Every nation has its own culture and tradition. The same can be said of China. Chinese people cherish great value of affections, yet the way to express them is quite different from that in western countries, where kiss is very common just as shaking hands in China.   
  As time goes by, our attitude towards public kiss may change , but it still have a long way to go.
  In a word, frankly speaking, though love is private and should be treated privately, we can equally express our deep love towards a person without public kisses. After all, still water runs deep, doesn’t it?

Thank you for listening, thank you!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-8-18 12:56:28 | 显示全部楼层
ha,the time i imagine two lovers kiss in the street, i'll definitely take it as a most romantic thing*_^while i'll still feel uncomfortable when just see two hugging people in the subway-_-strange..

Thanks again for your original writing and maybe we can also talk about this public thing,heh.do you agree or not,dear all?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-5-3 16:37:31 | 显示全部楼层
"In a word, frankly speaking, though love is private and should be treated privately, we can equally express our deep love towards a person without public kisses. After all, still water runs deep, doesn’t it?"
>>>>>your speech would be more effective , forcefu and persuasivel if the language were refined or polished againb before presented in public.
>>>>>"in a word" is a wrong use here, or chinglish expression in the sense of the buzzword
>>>>>better to say"In short"!!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-5-3 19:24:31 | 显示全部楼层
It's a wonderful speech,  thank you very much
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-5-4 13:44:49 | 显示全部楼层
NO a good speach!at learst no fulent !
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-8 15:50:47 | 显示全部楼层
Yes,people kiss in the public place make another people feel unconfortable .In my school,behind our dormitory I see some lover kiss here in the evening when I came back,I feel not good.
We are human being not animals,we have our culture and tradition,so if we want to kiss the other one we must choic the best place and best time.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-6 05:11 , Processed in 0.299908 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.