找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
楼主: 白马西北驰

[[求助与讨论]] 老鹰杯网上读书园地第一届艺术节活动之一 挑战中式英语(Combat Chinglish)

[复制链接]
发表于 2007-11-3 18:41:12 | 显示全部楼层
the new state we have just inaugurated is unusual, entirely different from the Qing dynasty.
多词现象,词句意识是新政权和清朝比较,而in character 就含比较,在英文里是不合适的
  empire是帝国意识,跟dynasty意识是接近的,一般一个Qing dynasty就够了吧
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-3 19:08:57 | 显示全部楼层
正确的说法是:The new state we have just inaugurated is unusual, entirely different from the empire of the Qing dynasy
正确的翻译是:我们刚成立的新国家具有独特性,与满清王朝是截然不同的
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-3 19:39:36 | 显示全部楼层
白马西北驰,你来外语版作版主吧,你这么热心,水平也不错,真的是不错的人选啊~~~

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-3 20:01:35 | 显示全部楼层
引用第22楼doctorliubo于2007-11-03 19:39发表的 :

支持,支持,再支持。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-3 22:03:34 | 显示全部楼层
我认为其中的“unusual in character”是多余的。

因为“entirely different”显然包含了“unusual in character”。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-3 22:52:30 | 显示全部楼层

俺也支持白马!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 00:04:27 | 显示全部楼层
the new state we have just inaugurated is unusual in character, entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty

'in character' is unnecessary , 'unusual' is enough!
'dynasty" can be omitted, too.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 00:22:53 | 显示全部楼层

haha,有老板娘支持,看来白马兄这次是不能再推辞了。
我就说嘛,申请了斑竹可能要好办点。
而且现在管理层的效率相当高。
小雪女士的申请2号打的,3号就开始投票了。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 08:03:42 | 显示全部楼层
游客,本帖隐藏的内容需要积分高于 58 才可浏览,您当前积分为 0
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 09:59:10 | 显示全部楼层
Part I Revision: The new state we have just inaugurated is unusual, entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty
Part II Analysis: The new state is just inaugurated, including the character, so it's indubitably new. Then it should be got rid of the “in character”.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 10:51:19 | 显示全部楼层
  Firstly, I want to show that the first letter of the sentence you have given should be capitalized.

Secondly, I must show that the sentence misses a period.

Thirdly, the verb "inaugurated" should be replaced by "established" or , because the verb "inaugurate" is usually used in such expressions as "to inaugurate a conference", "to inaugurate a new institution", "to inaugurate a new project", "to inaugurate a new age", etc.

Lastly, in my opinion, the expression "unusual in character" in the sentence is unnecessary and should be deleted.

So, in a word, the sentence should be revised as follows.

The new state we have just established is entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 12:10:47 | 显示全部楼层
我也来试试,这句话的意思应该是:新成立的政权在性质上是不平常的,与满清帝国更是完全不一样。其中we have是多余的词,因为just inaugurated本身就可以修饰the new state,增加了we have就显得中文式英语了,还有就是满清帝国的表达方式应该是The Qing Empire
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 16:09:30 | 显示全部楼层
No.1
the new state we have just inaugurated is unusual in character, entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty

Part I Revision:
the new state we have just inaugurated is entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty

Part II Analysis:
"unusual in character" is unnecessary
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-4 22:14:37 | 显示全部楼层
Part I:
The page in China's history is turned by the foundation of a new state which has its own character entirely different from the Qing Dynasty.

Part II:
1. the word "inaugurate" is defined as " to operate a new building or start a public event with a special ceremony" in Longman dictionary. It's OK to inaugurate a new school or a museum, however if the object was "state" as in the original sentence, it sounds rather awkward.

2. From the google search, i found the most common collocations with "unusual" are " experiece", "things","food",and "job". "An unusual state"? I doubt. Besides, the phrase "unusual in character" was obviously a literal translation from Chinese.

3. No need for the word "empire" before Qing Qynasty. This is an instance of redundancy. There is either Qing Dynasty or Empire of the Great Qing.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-5 07:20:18 | 显示全部楼层
No.1

Part I Revision:
the new state we have just inaugurated is entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty in character
Part II Analysis:
unusual 有点重复
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-5 08:29:34 | 显示全部楼层
上次误看做翻译了,汗
语句不是很通顺
unusual 本身就是与众不同,再entirely different ,有重复之嫌
改为
the new state inaugurated is entirely different from the Qing dynasty
如何?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-5 09:41:50 | 显示全部楼层
1, The new era we have just created is unusual, entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty.

2, era represents a period of time characterized by particular circumstances, events, or personages.and so firstly I use the word era to replace state.

3, inaugurate means inaugurate a policy offically in normal condition.so I think maybe it's not appropriate here,and I use the word create to replace it.

3, in character is unnecessary words, del
回复

使用道具 举报

allenxuzy 该用户已被删除
发表于 2007-11-5 10:55:15 | 显示全部楼层
No.1
Revised:
The state which we have inaugurated is entirely different from the Qing Dynasty in character.
Comments:
The original sentence in the question has a grammar mistake, the clause after the comma has no subject. Also, I think if we use the Qing Dynasty we don't need to use empire. Same idea for new state we have just inaugurated, where new can be taken away.

Thanks
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-5 11:06:59 | 显示全部楼层
No.1 the new state we have just inaugurated is unusual in character, entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty

试一试吧

Part I Revision:
The new state we have just inaugurated is entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty in character

Part II Analysis:
语法好像没好像问题?语义有重复现象
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-11-5 11:59:10 | 显示全部楼层
No.1

Part I Revision:
the new state we have just inaugurated is entirely different from the empire of Qing dynasty

Part II Analysis:

unusual 好像不太合适
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:47 , Processed in 0.478483 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.