找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1507|回复: 1

[[原创地带]] Snake, Good or Evil?

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-9-3 08:16:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Last night, I was watching a TV program about snake.
From my earlier years, I had always been sick of snakes. Village boys even have a habit to kill them every time they meet one. Not being a very brave one, what I did when came across a snake is to fluffing my hairs—for Mother told that snakes counts hairs when meet human, once counted, it will came to hurt you afterward. Although I was not brave enough to kill them, but I don’t like them.
In African desert, there is a kind of snake that is so fast that it can run much faster than human do. Here I mean an athlete in field sport. When it sees an enemy, it will hold up its head, and so run, with only one third of its body touching the ground. The local people just call them the” killer in desert”.
There is also another kind of strange snake in South American too. It is very colorful and covers itself over the beautiful flowers waiting for the intended victims. The birds or worms always mistake them as flowers so easily fall into their mouth.
Still at the end of the story, we have some others, in which boa is the most impressive one. Boa is big and strong. It always hides itself under water and perched under the water surface near the bank. When animals or human came to water side for a drink, it will give a sudden shot and get its food.
Although I don’t like snake anyway, whatever, they are really incredible animal. Something of it really deserves our attention and caring.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-9-3 17:22:47 | 显示全部楼层
My closest encounter with snake is wearing a pet python around my neck. It is huge and heavy, and tame.
In the question of snake been good or evil, my bet is that it is an amoral animal. We call some animal evil basically because of some ancient stories that tied to moral teaching, hence snake became a seducer in the Genesis in Bible.
With the decreased land occupation, I am sympathy with all the wild animal, snake included.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 02:57 , Processed in 0.289793 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.