找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 2096|回复: 3

[[语言学天地]] How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲(连载)

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-10-11 13:00:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
片 名  How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》
年 代 2003
国 家 美国
类 别 喜剧/浪漫
导 演 唐纳德·皮特里(Donald Petrie)
主 演 马修·麦康纳(Matthew McConaughey)
     凯特·哈德森(Kate Hudson) 
    亚当·戈德堡(Adam Goldberg) 
    托马斯·列侬(Thomas Lennon) 
    迈克尔·米歇尔(Michael Michele)
简介

美女安蒂(凯特·哈德森饰)是一家时尚杂志的专栏作家,负责撰写“恋爱指南”一类的文章。眼下,她被摊上了一个棘手的任务:搜集如何甩掉男人的第一手资料,安蒂必须在10天的时间里让一个男人爱上她,然后再甩掉他!

可惜这次她的运气比较背,她相中的目标是——本杰明(马修·麦康纳饰),男,英俊潇洒,典型的xxx,在一家广告代理公司工作。游戏人间的他,刚好和自己的老板打了个赌,说自己可以在10天内,让一个女人彻底爱上他……

《十日拍拖手册》的创意来自于同名畅销的指南类书籍,讲述的是可以导致两人分手的一些爱情禁忌。而本片通过一场看似有些荒诞的情节,力图来反映一个困扰现代人的爱情通病。那就是新一代的年轻人,从内心中恐惧人与人的过分亲密,因而总是试图通过某些游戏人间的方式,来掩饰自己真正的感情。他们表面装得柔情蜜意,其实内心深处却总是和对方保持着距离。

一部《缘分没法挡》(The Wedding Planner)似乎发掘了马修·麦康纳在浪漫爱情片领域的潜力,这位德州出生的英俊帅哥此前出演的大多都是动作科幻片:《U-571》《接触未来》和去年的《火龙帝国》等,但《缘分没法挡》的票房成功(上映首周的票房冠军)看来使片商们意识到,白白放着这么张俊脸不让他多多在银幕上和美女谈情说爱不但对不起观众也对不起自己,马修也对这个剧本挺感兴趣,他在接受采访时候表示非常喜欢本杰明这个角色,因为影片留给他自由发挥的空间很大,放心的去谈一场恋爱,很是过瘾。

而凯特·哈德森,早已经跻身“美艳明星”的行列。她曾毫不扭捏地以全裸之姿,登上流行杂志《In Style》的封面,让饕餮之徒一饱秀色大餐。但是凯特绝对不是一个花瓶的角色,2000年的《成名之路》(Almost Famous)一举赢得当年金球奖最佳女配角和奥斯卡的提名,就很好证明了她的实力。

像无数其他女人一样,凯特也喜欢帅哥,在问到她对参加这部影片的感受时,她禁不住表示:“可以和像马修·麦康纳这样的帅哥演爱情戏,当然快乐啦!”

导演唐纳德·皮特里曾执导过《火星叔叔马丁》和桑德拉·布洛克主演的《选美小姐》(Miss Congeniality),是个既擅长喜剧又能制造浪漫的导演,在谈到接拍本片的动机时,他说:“一个剧本是否吸引人我首先是看它能不能让我在读的时候笑出声来,这部片子有很多令人捧腹的笑料和出乎意料的剧情转折,这对一部浪漫喜剧来说确实非常难得。”

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲之一
来源:http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/language_tips/auvideo/2009-09/28/content_8746503.htm
本片段剧情:Andie是一家时尚杂志的专栏作家,负责撰写“恋爱指南”一类的文章,然而她对成天写关于怎么谈恋爱的文章并不感兴趣。这天她写的文章又因为娱乐性不强而无法入选,这让Andie有点小郁闷,但是她意外收到了两张NBA球赛的门票,这又让她立刻快活了起来……

影片对白:

Jeannie: Andie, it's brilliant. It's really moving. But it's never going to appear in Composure Magazine.

Andie: God, I busted my butt in grad school to be Andie Anderson, \"How to\" girl, and write articles like, \"How to Use the Best Pick-Up Lines\" and \"Do Blondes, Do They, Like, Really Have More Fun?\" I want to write about things that matter, Iike politics and the environment, and foreign affairs--things I'm interested in.

Jeannie: Keep busting your butt. You're going to get there. Hey, I've got something to cheer you up. You know that editor from Sports Illustrated that you have been shamelessly flirting with on the phone for... whoo, a month now? He made a little delivery this morning.

Andie: Ah, ha, ha, let me see.

Jeannie: Oh, no.

Andie: Hey! Tomorrow night.

Jeannie: What happens tomorrow night?

Andie: Only the most exhilarating and artistic display of athletic competition known to mankind.

Jeannie: The lce Capades are in town?

Andie: No, the NBA Finals are in town, and I got tickets! Come with me?

Jeannie: All right, I'll go. But I am not putting out.

Andie: Two stale jumbo dogs and a couple of beers, you'll be whistling a different tune.

Jeannie: You know what I like.

Girl: Good morning, ladies. Don't forget, staff meeting in 30 minutes.

Andie: Michelle-- haven't seen her all morning. Have you?

Jeannie: Ten to one she's wallowing.

Andie: It's my turn. I'll get her, you get the coffee, meet me in the corner in 20.

Jeannie: Wait, wait, wait. Here, take some samples.

Andie: Samples. Samples. Great idea.

Jeannie: Oh, boy. Drama, drama, drama.

妙语佳句 活学活用

1. bust one's butt: 十分卖力。影片中Andie指她在大学里用功读书,不是为了写这种无聊的文章的。看一下例子:He busted his butt for you.(他一直替你卖命。)

2. pick-up lines: 与异性偶然结识时的台词/说的话。pick up在口语中有“与……偶然结识(常指与异性调情)”的意思。例如:He picked up a girl in the movies.(他在电影院结识了一个姑娘。)

3. exhilarating: 令人振奋的,使人高兴的。影片中Andie显然是一个疯狂的NBA球迷。请看例子:an exhilarating experience(一次令人愉快的经历)。

4. put out: 使出(力量等)。影片中Jeannie是指她可不想太麻烦,换言之,就是她不带吃的去。请看例子:He is criticized for not putting out.(他因为不努力而受到批评。)

put out还有“使不方便,麻烦,打扰”的意思。

例如:Don't put yourself out for my sake!(不要为我忙啦!)

5. jumbo dog: 即jumbo hotdog,热狗的一种,有的餐厅将其翻成“生菜热狗”。

6. ten to one: 十之八九,很可能。请看例子:

Ten to one you'll miss your train.(你很可能要赶不上火车了。)

7. wallow: 沉湎,纵乐。Jeannie是指Michelle一定是因为玩得太疯了,所以早上没有来上班。例如:wallow in luxury(沉湎于奢侈生活之中);wallow in details(纠缠于细节)

考考你

1. 工人们在这次运动中全力以赴。
2. 但愿我没有打扰你。
3. 他在书店里邂逅并结识了那个漂亮女孩。
4. 他十有八九是不会来了。

参考答案

1. The workers put out all their energy in the campaign.
2. I hope I'm not putting you out.
3. He picked up the pretty girl in a bookstore.
4. Ten to one he is not coming.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲之二
来源:http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/language_tips/auvideo/2009-09/30/content_8756869.htm
本片段剧情:Andie到Michelle的公寓把满脸泪痕、蓬头垢面的Michelle从床上叫起来上班,原来Michelle刚刚失恋。但是听完Michelle的讲述后,Andie说如果她像Michelle这么谈恋爱,她也会被甩掉。

影片对白:

Jeannie: Hi.

Michelle: I-I don't really want to talk about it, okay?

Jeannie: Okay.

Andie: Okay.

Michelle: Okay. Why does this always happen to me? Things were going great for, like, a week and a half, and then, all of a sudden, it's over, and I am mystified. Seriously, I am mystified, because it always starts out so well.

Jeannie: Poor baby.

Andie: Let's just roll with this one.

Michelle: Oh, Mike and I had such a connection. The first time that we had sex,...it was so beautiful...I cried.

Jeannie: You cried?

Michelle: Yeah.

Andie: You mean, like, one glistening tear on your cheek, right?

Michelle: No. I was really emotional. I even told him that I loved him.

Andie: After how many days?

Michelle: Five. Two. It was how I felt. I wanted to express myself.

Andie: Okay, well, what did he say?

Michelle: Oh, Mike didn't have to say anything. I know that he felt the same. But then he started getting really busy, and I didn't know where he was. So I kept calling him and calling him. He was never home...

Andie: You kept calling him?

Michelle: I didn't leave a message. He didn't know it was me. My number's blocked.

Jeannie: Oh, l-I'm sure he thought it was one of his friends. You know, men frequently call their friends' answering machines and hang up 20 times.

Michelle: Anyway...I know why hedumped me: I'm too fat.

Andie & Jeannie: You're not fat!

Andie: Oh, Michelle, if the most beautiful woman in the world acted the way you did, any normal guy would still go running in the other direction.

Michelle: Oh, no. No guy would go running from you, Andie. You could barf all over him, and he would say, \"Do it again.\"

Andie: That is both incredibly disgusting and categorically untrue. If I did the things you did, I'd get dumped, too.

妙语佳句,活学活用

1.mystified: 困惑。动词形式为mystify,意思是“把……难住,使困惑不解,使大为惊奇”。影片中Michelle指她实在不明白为什么会被甩。

例如:The banker's disappearance mystified the police.

银行家的失踪使警方大惑不解。

2. emotional: 情绪激动的。如果想表达一个人十分情绪化,我们就可以用emotional。例如:get emotional over a piece of costume jewellery(对一件服饰珠宝感到十分激动)

emotional也可以解释为“催人泪下的,表现强烈情感的”,例如:

an emotional scene in a play(剧中令人感动的一场戏)

3. My number's blocked: 我隐藏了电话号码。现在许多人的电话都设置了来电显示功能,如果不想让自己的号码显示在对方电话上,就可以用blocked number。

4. dump sb.: 甩掉某人。dump不仅可以用于男女恋爱关系中的“甩”或“被甩”,我们也可以说dump a friend,因为dump还有“抛弃,放弃”的意思。例如:dump a plan(放弃计划)。

5. barf: <美口> 呕吐。飞机上供乘客用的呕吐袋就是barf bag。

6. categorically: 绝对地,无条件地。在影片中categorically untrue相当于absolutely untrue。形容词形式categorical的意思是“明确的,无条件的”。例如:a categorical answer(明确的答复)。

考考你

1. 他脸上有一种困惑的神情。
2. 她在这件事上表现得十分情绪化。
3. 我瞥了一眼电话,居然是一个隐藏的号码。
4. 她因为经常歇斯底里而被甩了。
5. 他直截了当地拒绝了我。

参考答案

1. He had a mystified look on his face.
2. She is really emotional over this.
3. I took a glimpse at the phone and it was a blocked number.
4. She got dumped because she was always hysterical.
5. He gave me a categorical denial.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲之三
来源:http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/language_tips/auvideo/2009-10/09/content_8772974.htm
本片段剧情:Andie的老板对Andie的十天内用女孩们谈恋爱常犯的错误失去男友的文章创意很感兴趣,并催促Andie尽快去找到这个试验品男友。Andie和她的同事到了酒吧,而即将成为Andie的“猎物”的Ben正忙于向老板证实他也能推销钻石……

影片对白:

Andie’s boss: Ladies, Judy Spears and Judy Green from Warren Advertising. We&#39;re going to cook up some fabulous tie-ins for the fall. Jeannie Ashcroft, Fashion and Trends. Michelle Rubin, Fitness and Health.

Michelle: Excuse me. Hi.

Andie’s boss: And Andie Anderson, our resident \"How to\" girl.

Spears: Oh, I&#39;ve seen your column, Andie. What are you working on now?

Andie: Oh, actually...

Andie’s boss: \"How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days.\" She&#39;s actually going to start dating a guy, and then drive him away in a week and a half.

Green: Sounds needlessly vicious.

Andie’s boss: It&#39;s going to be fabulous. Now all she has to do is run along and find the lucky guy. Go, go, go.

Green & Spears: Nice to meet you.

Andie & Michelle & Jeannie: Bye. Good-bye.

Andie’s boss: Ladies, come.

Andie: Find the guy.

Michelle: Okay.

Jeannie: Find the guy.

Michelle: Oh, you are never going to pull this off.

Andie: Watch me. Tonight, I&#39;ll hook a guy. Tomorrow, pull the switch.

Before the ten days are up, I&#39;m going to have this guy running for his life.

Jeannie: You&#39;re not going to burn his apartment down or bite him or anything, are you?

Andie: No! I&#39;m going to limit myself to doing everything girls do wrong in relationships. Basically, everything we know guys hate. I&#39;ll be clingy, needy...

Jeannie: Be touchy-feely.

Andie: Yeah.

Jeannie: Ooh, call him in the middle of the night, and tell him everything you had to eat that day.

Michelle: What&#39;s wrong with that? I&#39;m kidding.

Ben’s boss: Hello, Ben. What are you doing here?

Ben: Phil, I&#39;m here for the meeting. Ladies.

Green: But you weren&#39;t invited.

Ben: Yeah, but I should have been. I mean, it was my tip that DeLauer&#39;s shopping for a new firm.

Ben’s boss: Yes, it was, but I have to think in terms of who&#39;s best-suited within the company team.

Ben: Yes, sir, and that&#39;s me. I want to handle this pitch.

Ben’s boss: Ben, you sell Joe Blow better than anyone else in my shop, but these girls sell luxury better than anyone else in the business. We have to put our best foot forward on this pitch. DeLauer would be our biggest account.

Ben: Yes, sir, they would. Annual advertising billings of 50- to $60 million. And I am the man that&#39;s going to bring this home for you, Phil.

Michelle: Why this place?

Jeannie: It&#39;s perfect. Hi, Ingrid.

Ingrid: Hi.

Jeannie: Mullins&#39; is the apres-work watering hole for the upwardly mobile.

Ben: Now, to date, the diamond industry has always targeted men, sending the message that the woman needs the man to buy her the rock. All right, they say, \"A diamond is forever.\" We say, \"A diamond is for everyone.\"

Ben’s boss: I like that.

Ben: Yes.

Spears: We don&#39;t. \"A diamond is for everyone\" sends the message that diamonds are everywhere, which means they&#39;re not rare, and if they&#39;re not rare, they lose their status. Status is the reason to buy them in the first place, which Benjamin would know if he understood women, which you don&#39;t.

Ben’s boss: You can&#39;t feel bad about that, Ben. No man does.

妙语佳句,活学活用

1. cook up: <口> 想出,策划。影片中指的是策划广告。看一下例子:cook up sb.&#39;s murder(策划谋杀某人)。cook up还有“编造、制造”的意思。例如:cook up an excuse(编造借口)。

2. tie-in: <美> 搭卖,搭卖广告,搭配销售的商品。在影片中指的是“搭卖广告”,Andie的老板请了Warren广告公司的Judy Spears和Judy Green来为她的杂志设计搭卖的广告。搭卖一般指紧俏商品与滞销商品搭配着出售,目的就是为了促销。

3.pull off: <口>(成功地或艰苦地)完成,做成,赢得。影片中Michelle认为Andie要在十天之内甩掉一个男人很难。看一下例子:pull off a million-pound deal(好不容易做成一笔百万英镑的生意)。

4. hook: 引(人)上钩,用计谋把……弄到手。影片中Andie信心满满地说她今晚就能钓到一个男友。请看例子:They hooked him into paying for everybody&#39;s lunch.(他们耍花招,让他为大家付午餐钱。)

5. for one&#39;s life: 逃命(似)地。例如:He was running for his life toward town.(他逃命似地向城里飞跑。)for one&#39;s life也可以用for dear life来替代,它还有“拼命地”的意思。例如:He held on to the ledge for dear life/for his life.(他死命抓牢岩石的突出部。)

6. clingy: (人)在情感上过于依赖他人的。如果要表达“依赖男子的妇女”或“离不开母亲的孩子”我们可以用clinging vine来表示。

7. touchy-feely: <口><贬> 感情外露的,煽情的,举止亲昵的。影片中Jeannie的意思是说如果一个女人太过腻歪了,男人也会厌烦。touchy-feely也可以用来形容男子,touchy-feely guys的意思是“女人气的男子”。

8. tip: 指点,忠告。

9. pitch: <美口> 商品广告。

10. put one&#39;s best foot forward: 全力以赴。例如:Put your best foot forward and you will succeed.(只要全力以赴你会成功。)

put one&#39;s best foot forward还有“给人留下好印象”的意思。请看例子:

Better get a haircut before you go to that job interview tomorrow. You want to put your best foot forward because there are twenty other people after the same job.

你明天去那个公司面谈前最好去理一下发。你得给他们一个好印象才行,因为有二十多个人都在争夺这个工作。

11. bring home: (向……)以强调形式清楚地显示或证实。Ben极力向老板证明他能够把这支钻石广告做好。看一下例子:The point is brought home in yesterday&#39;s detailed statistics.(昨天公布的详尽统计资料清楚地说明了这一点。)

考考你

1. 他总是制造麻烦。
2. 那匹马会跑赢。
3. 她巧施妙计为自己择得夫婿。
4. 谢谢你教给我如何上网。
5. 她一病倒才使他深刻体会到自己对她的依赖程度有多大。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-14 17:00:52 | 显示全部楼层
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲之四

本片段剧情:Ben和他的广告竞争对手打赌他能让任何一个正常的单身女人爱上他,此时Spears发现了在酒吧寻找“十天”男友的Andie,于是她故意指定Andie为Ben的追求目标,并把这次钻石广告当作赌注。

影片对白

Green: Selling a diamond to a woman is like making her fall in love. She has to feel giddy, desirous, adventurous, and desperate.

Spears: Take a look around this room, Phillip. Most of the women in this bar are looking for just that.

Ben: Exactly. The skills required to market diamonds are the same as those needed to make a woman fall in love, yes.

Spears: I&#39;m not talking about lust. A woman in lust wants chocolate. A woman in love...wants diamonds.

Ben: Yeah, I&#39;m not talking about lust, either, ladies. I&#39;m talking about deep, meaningful, head-over-heels, his and her towels, Iet&#39;s grow old together, L-O-V-E. Look, I love women. I do. Whether they&#39;re four, 40, or my 88-year-old grandmother, I respect women, all right? And I also listen...to women, and that&#39;s why I can sell myself to any woman, anywhere, anytime.

Spears: Make a woman fall in love with diamonds, Benjamin...or with you?

Ben: Eh, either one.

Ben’s boss: Well, that&#39;s cocky, Ben.

Ben: No, not cocky--confident.

Spears: I&#39;d like to see you prove that.

Ben: You would?

Spears: The agency&#39;s cohosting a party for the DeLauers at the Astor Museum. The party&#39;s a week from Sunday. Do you think you could make a woman fall in love with you by then?

Ben: Ten days?

Green: Any woman, anywhere, anytime?

Ben: Any single, available, straight woman--yes.

Spears: Yes. I&#39;m not trying to trick you, Ben. In fact, we&#39;ll choose a woman right here, right now, in this bar, and then you decide.

Green: Ooh.

Ben: So, who&#39;s the lucky girl?

Green: Okay...Let&#39;s see here. Ooh, there&#39;s that blonde babe in the leopard print.

Ben’s boss: Whoa, ho, ho!

Green: She looks like fun.

Ben: Be nice, ladies.

Green: Or... wow, Miss Babylon Five. Now, she&#39;s on the prowl.

Spears: No. Her.

Ben: Her who?

Spears: Her, in the gray dress. Blonde hair. Pretty smile.

Green: Her?

Ben: Done.

Spears: What?

Ben: Done.

Ben’s boss: Done.

Andie: See the guy next to the horrible guy in the green shirt that I would never even consider? Okay?

Jeannie: Hmm! Very cute.

Andie: Right?

Jeannie: Good.

Andie: All right? Here I go!

Ben: Okay, you&#39;re on. But here are the stakes. After I win this bet, this pitch is mine.

Spears: Agreed.

Ben: Phil?

Ben’s boss: Agreed. You come to that party with a girl that&#39;s really in love with you, Ben...you can make the pitch to the DeLauers.

Green: But, Phillip, you can&#39;t...

Ben’s boss: I&#39;ve made up my mind. To the DeLauers.

Ben: To the DeLauers.

Spears: Cheers.

Ben’s boss: Cheers.

Green: Cheers.

妙语佳句 活学活用

1.giddy: 晕眩的,眼花的。影片中Green是指恋爱会让一个女人失去理智,头脑不清。giddy也可以指身体感觉到的晕眩。例如:It makes me giddy to go on a merry-go-round.(我骑旋转木马要头晕。)giddy也可以指“轻率的,轻佻的,轻浮的”,例如:a giddy young girl(轻佻的年轻姑娘)。

2. lust: (强烈的)性欲。影片中Spears认为充满性欲的女人想要的是巧克力,但是坠入爱河的女人想要的却是钻石。lust还有“渴望,欲望”的意思。例如:an insatiable lust for personal power(对个人权利贪得无厌的欲望)。

3. head-over-heels: 是词组head over heels的形容词形式。

head over heels: <口>完全地,深深地,非常。例如:be head over heels in debt(债台高筑)。也可以说成heels over head。影片中Ben强调他所谈论的是深深的爱情,而非性欲。

head over heels还有“头朝下的,颠倒的”的意思。例如:He fell head over heels into the gully.(他一个跟斗跌进了沟里。)

此外,head over heels还可以表示“纷乱地,鲁莽地,匆促地”。看一下例子:

The children all tried to come in the door at once, head over heels.

孩子们推搡着,想一下子拥进屋来。

4. cocky: 骄傲自大的,过于自信的。

5. print: 印花布服装。

6. on the prowl: 躁狂地寻求性伴侣。影片中Green看到一个女人正在酒吧里来回穿梭,寻找男性伴侣。on the prowl还有“潜行,四处巡觅,徘徊”的意思。例如:an investor on the prowl for profits(四处寻求利润的投资者)。

prowl一词作为动词既有“潜行,搜寻”的意思,也有“徘徊,闲逛”的意思。请看例子:

Many wild animals prowl at night.(许多野兽夜出潜行觅食。)

I prowled around a farmer&#39;s field admiring the bridge.

我在一片农田里流连徘徊,对那座桥赞赏不已。

考考你
1. 暑热使我们晕眩。
2. 很显然他渴求权势。
3. 他神魂颠倒地爱上了这个姑娘。
4. 他们正手忙脚乱地试图提出新的解决办法。
5. 几名警察乘坐有标志和无标志的警车在暗中巡查。

《十日拍拖手册》精讲之三 参考答案
1. He always cooks up troubles.
2. That horse will pull off the race.
3. She hooked herself a husband.
4. Thank you for your tip on how to surf the Internet.
5. Her illness brought home to him how much he depended on her
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-14 17:05:37 | 显示全部楼层
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲之五

本片段剧情:Andie和Ben结束第一次约会后把手提包留在了Ben的家中,Ben的同事对包中之物很感兴趣,Tony还故意打翻了包,于是Ben发现了包中的两张篮球门票。当Andie收到Ben送来的一百朵白玫瑰时,她对一切心知肚明并同意和Ben一起去看球赛……

影片对白:

Ben: Of all the women Spears and Green could have thrown at me, this one is amazing. Hanging with her for ten days is going to be no problem.

Tony: Right, so, it&#39;s only nine days longer than you&#39;ve ever spent with any other chick, huh?

Ben: That&#39;s why I didn&#39;t go for the gold immediately.

Tony: Oh.

Ben: I&#39;m taking my time. It&#39;s a marathon, not a sprint.

Thayer: Ten days is a marathon?

Ben: Okay, so it&#39;s more like the 3,000-meter hurdle. The point is, she&#39;s already on the ropes, guys.

Thayer: Wow, that-that&#39;s a lot of sports analogies.

Tony: That it? That-that&#39;s it?

Ben: That&#39;s it.

Tony: Have you looked inside?

Ben: No.

Thayer: Do you have an ethical problem with rifling through a woman&#39;s purse?

Ben: Uh, yeah, I guess I do.

Tony: Well, it&#39;s hardly a purse, dude. It&#39;s more like a clutch or something.

Ben: Guys, a woman&#39;s purse, all right--it&#39;s her secret source of power. All right? There-there are many dark and dangerous things in there that we, the male species, should know nothing about.

Tony: Oh. Unless, of course, she, uh, left it behind intentionally to secure a next-day call back.

Ben: Mm-hmm. She&#39;s a very clever minx.

Tony: Oops, I&#39;m sorry.

Ben: Oh, God. Um...Oh, shit, we got to clean that up.

Tony: Yeah, yeah.

Ben: Carefully. Carefully. Oh, what have we here? Let us see, let us see. Oh... Knicks tickets...

Tony: Huh.

Ben: ...for tonight&#39;s game.

Girl: Delivery, Andie.

People: Wow, look at those! Oh, who are those for?

Michelle: Andie, oh, my God!

Delivery man: Where do you want these?

People: Who are these to?

Michelle: Wait. "100 times..."...more beautiful..." Wait. "...than 100 roses."

Jeannie: Catchy.

Andie: The guy&#39;s in advertising. He can&#39;t help it.

Jeannie: So, does this mean he&#39;s hooked?

Andie: This means he found the Knicks tickets.

Michelle: You left the tickets in the purse?

Andie: Yeah.

Michelle: You are just on a whole different playing field. Here you go.

Andie: Mm-hmm. Andie Anderson.

Ben: Hey, hey, pretty girl.

Andie: Guess what? I got a really embarrassing display of white roses.

Ben: Well, you are welcome. Listen, I had a wonderful time last night. I have your bag.

Andie: Ah, I know. I can&#39;t believe I left it there.

Ben: Yeah, well, you must need it back, what with all the cash, credit cards, and...those Knicks tickets for tonight&#39;s game.

Andie: Sounds like you&#39;ve been peeking through my bag, Ben.

Ben: Oh, absolutely not. Tony, my Art Director, he&#39;s an oaf, and he accidentally knocked it over.

Tony: Ow, right! Yeah, I&#39;m a clumsy man.

Andie: All right, I&#39;m sorry, though. I&#39;m going to the game with somebody else.

Ben: Not anymore. Besides, what? You think you left your purse at my place by accident? No. Subconsciously, you are dying to take me to that game. Denying your subconscious desires is extremely dangerous to your health, young lady.

Andie: Does that psycho-babble really work on anybody?

Ben: You tell me.

Michelle: Andie, you&#39;re so bad.

Andie: All right, meet me at the 7th Avenue entrance. 7:30. Don&#39;t be late.

Ben: You got it. Bye-bye.

Andie: Bye.

Ben: And that&#39;s how it&#39;s done.

Andie: And that&#39;s how it&#39;s done.

妙语佳句 活学活用

1. sprint: 短距离赛跑。影片中Ben把十天的恋爱比作一场马拉松,而非短跑。可见Ben之前的恋爱经历都很短。
2. on the ropes: (拳击时)被挤到拳击台的围绳上。在这里Ben又把谈恋爱比作拳击赛,他认为他的对手Andie已经被他逼到了“拳击台的围绳上”,即没有还手的余地。例如:have one&#39;s opponent on the ropes (把对手逼到拳击台的围绳上)
on the ropes还可以表示“濒于失败,即将完蛋,处于困境”。看一下例子:The right political forces seemed to be on the ropes. 右派政治力量看上去要垮了。
3. rifle through: (尤指抱有不良意图)迅速翻查。影片中一开始Ben对于翻看女士的包还是有顾虑的。请看例子:Someone&#39;s been rifling through my drawers, there&#39;s some money missing.有人翻过我的抽屉,我丢了些钱。
4. clutch: 即clutch bag,手握袋。
5. secure: 弄到,获得。影片中Tony怂恿Ben去翻看Andie的包,并说Andie有可能故意把包留下,这样第二天才能接到Ben的电话。请看例子:I have at last secured a house. (我终于弄到一所房子了。)
6. minx: 冒失(或轻佻的)的少女。
7. catchy: 容易记住的。Jeannie指白玫瑰里的字条上的话很顺口,很好记。例如:a catchy tune(容易上口的调子)。catchy还可以指“引起注意(或兴趣)的”,例如:a catchy title(引人注目的标题)。此外,catchy还可以表示“欺骗性的,难以对付的”,例如:a catchy question(引人上当的问题)。
8. peek: 偷看,窥视。请看例子:They caught him peeking through the hole at what was going on in the room.他正从孔眼偷看房内发生的事情的时候被他们抓了个正着。
9. oaf: 粗笨的人。看一下例子:
The oaf stumbled over the bucket, spilling all the water.那个笨手笨脚的人绊到了木桶,把水全给泼了。
10. psycho-babble: <口>心理呓语(指肤浅地滥用心理学和精神病学概念和术语的言语或写作)。
考考你

1. 她开始把手提包里的东西匆匆翻寻一遍。
2. 他真幸运,找到了这么好的一份工作。
3. 他把门打开一条缝,朝外偷偷张望了一下。
4. 那部电影的片名引人注目。

《十日拍拖手册》精讲之四 参考答案

1. We were giddy from the summer heat.
2. It is quite obvious that he has a lust for power.
3. He fell head over heels in love with the girl.
4. They are falling head over heels to propose new solutions.
5. A few cops prowled in marked and unmarked cars.
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-10-26 10:53:53 | 显示全部楼层
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days《十日拍拖手册》精讲之六

本片段剧情:为了进一步俘获Andie的芳心,Ben为她精心烹制了一顿大餐。谁知Andie是有备而来,用自己的东西把Ben的家重新武装了一通……

影片对白:
Thayer: Ouch.
Ben: Huh?
Thayer: Yeah. Hey, don&#39;t feel bad. If I had a nickel for every time I got in a fist fight during a chick flick, whoo!
Ben: Uh-huh, right. It really wasn&#39;t that bad.
Thayer: Really?
Ben: No. I mean, the getting punched in the face part sucked, right?
Thayer: Well...
Ben: But the getting taken care of after the punch--it was nice.
Thayer: All right! Florence Nightingale syndrome, yeah. You want me to tape the game for you tonight?
Ben: No need, my friend. I&#39;ll be watching the Knicks from the comfort of my own home this evening.
Thayer: How&#39;d you swing that?
Ben: Oh, yeah. What&#39;s good to grill?
Thayer: No.
Ben: Heavyweight.
Thayer: You&#39;re making the lamb.
Ben: Voilà. A woman loves a man who can cook, yeah?
Thayer: Bringing out the big guns.
Ben: Let&#39;s go deep.
Thayer: I like it.
Andie: Why do they always forget my bacon?
Jeannie: I can&#39;t believe you got that guy knocked out.
Andie: Only for a few seconds. He was the most adorable, unconscious man ever. Mm-hmm.
Michelle: Are you dating him, or are you contemplating adoption?
Andie’s boss: Andie, I am loving your notes on this piece.
Andie: Thank you, Lana.
Andie’s boss: When are you seeing him again?
Andie: Tonight. He&#39;s invited me over for dinner.
Andie’s boss: Marvelous. I&#39;ve got a feeling about this one.
Andie: Thanks, Lana.
Michelle: I hate it when she pops her head in like that.
Andie: I never noticed it.
Andie’s boss: Ahem! I heard that. And Andie, tonight, take smaller bites.
Michelle: Oh, my God!
Jeannie: Disgusting. I can barely eat over here.
Ben: Come on in. Door&#39;s open.
Andie: Hi.
Ben: Hey, there. I hope you brought your appetite, girl.
Andie: Whew.
Ben: We got a feast tonight.
Andie: Hmm.
Ben: Mmm...
Andie: Oh...Benny, isn&#39;t that sweet?
Ben: Hmm? Go on and pour yourself a glass of wine. We got diner in about five and tip-off in about eight.
Andie: Great. I&#39;m starving.
Ben: Ah...Mmm...Ah...Oh...So perfectly pink!

妙语佳句 活学活用
1. chick flick: <口><贬>(迎合年轻女性口味的)年轻女性影片。chick在俚语中指“少女、少妇、小妞”。例如:That chick is really cute.(那个小妞真俏。)
flick是口语,指“电影,影片”,例如:an action flick(动作片)。The flicks则是指“电影院”。看一下例子:
What&#39;s on at the flicks tonight?(今晚电影院放映什么影片?)
2. Florence Nightingale syndrome: 在影片中Thayer指的是弗洛伦斯·南丁格尔情结。它可以指护士对她所照顾的病人产生的爱意或病人对照顾自己的护士萌生的感情。Thayer的意思是Ben因为受伤时受到照顾而感觉很好。
3. tape: 把……录于录音(或录像)磁带。例如:tape a conversation(用磁带把谈话录下来)
4. How&#39;d you swing that: 你是怎么办到的?swing在这里的意思是“决定性地影响;成功地处置,对付”,用在口语中。影片中Thayer很惊讶Ben怎么能又看球赛,又陪女友。请看例子:How are they going to swing the high cost of higher education?(他们打算怎样解决高等教育昂贵的费用问题?)
5. grill: (在烤架等上面)烤炙。
6. heavyweight: 特别有分量的人或物,影片中指的是Andie。
7. Voilà: <法> 瞧,那就是。用于在完成某事后吸引他人的注意,或表达展示完某物或做完某事后的满足之情。
8. big gun: <口> 大人物,有影响的人物。
9. knock out: 击昏。例如:He was knocked out in the accident.(他在那次事故中被撞昏了。)knock out还可以表示“使精疲力尽”,看一下例子:
They knocked themselves out with work.(工作把他们累垮了。)
此外,knock out还有“使震惊;给……留下深刻印象”的意思。请看例子:
Her performance completely knocked me out.(她的表演完全令我倾倒了。)
10. I hope you brought your appetite: 我希望你今天有好胃口。这是宴请宾客时常用的一句话。
11.tip-off:

考考你
1. 晚上想去看电影吗?
2. 我们用录像带录下了那场演出。
3. 我希望他能做成这笔交易。
4. 那个令人悲痛的消息使她目瞪口呆。

《十日拍拖手册》精讲之五 参考答案
1. She started to rifle through the contents of her bag.
2. He’s lucky to have secured himself such a good job.
3. He opened the door slightly and peeked out.
4. That movie has a catchy title.
(篮球比赛开始时的)跳球。也用来指“告发,泄密”。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-16 23:12 , Processed in 0.370547 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.