找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
查看: 1027|回复: 4

[[求助与讨论]] Capability is much more important than diploma

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-3-5 17:47:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

I wince when every time I walk in the street being caught and asked by a low voice: “Do you need a diploma?” it seems that it is the time in great need of diploma. You might be puzzled if you go to a talent market, where you may see some companies write: “only graduates needed”, while some others write “we need only persons with a five-year working experience.” It seems that there is no consensus on the importance of diploma and capability. Today, by following reasons I argue that capability is much more important than diploma.
Firstly, the real aim of learning is for capability, not for diploma. As you know, “high mark, low capability” is a quite common phenomenon among college students. For instance, what some students care about is mark and diploma, but when once they are required to do something, they fail to manage it. Then how can they be possibly employed by companies to do a job?  Secondly, high capability can bring great interest to the company or even the society. Bill Gates, who has low diploma, sets a good example. For his contribution really lays not in his diploma but in his capability. Another reason is that capability is the living guarantee in a society full of tight competitions, while diploma is only a touchstone bringing you more chances to find a job. However, once you win some, the real important thing that decides your fate is not your diploma but your capability.
I don’t intentionally mean that diploma is not important. What I want to argue about is just that while we are learning, we shall not only pay attention the surface, but to its very essence. I am sure strong capabilities may provide us beautiful future!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-5 18:36:05 | 显示全部楼层
I can't agree with  you .now , diploma is rellay important . i am so sad , there are no company give me a interview chance .because i have not any college diploma   
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-5 21:57:07 | 显示全部楼层
This is a very good compositon and I appreciate it very much. At the same time I appreciate the English writing ability.
Hope you can  make it in your future.
The following points are my suggestions:

1."I wince when every time I walk in the street being caught and asked by a low voice..."here, we can delete when or every time because they have the same usage and this is a kind of repetition.
2. I think if we use "the personnel market " to replace "a talent market", it wil be better
3."when once they are required to do something, they fail to manage it..."here we can only use "once"  and delete "when".
4."For his contribution really lays not in his diploma but in his capability." lhere lays should be corrected into the "lies" which means "在于“ in Chinese.
5."...pay attention the surface", here perhaps because carelessness, the author forgot to use the preposition " to" after "pay attention".
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-3-5 22:10:05 | 显示全部楼层
下面是引用jeson_1030于2005-03-05 18:36发表的:
I can't agree with  you .now , diploma is rellay important . i am so sad , there are no company give me a interview chance .because i have not any college diploma   

" I can't agree with you. I am so sad. There are no company giving me an interview chance because  I haven't any college diploma"

As banfen just argues, diploma is only a touchstone and when you have the chance to enter a employing unit, the most important thing is your own ability.

jeson_1030,please don't lose  heart, and believe yourself, then  you will succeed one day
回复

使用道具 举报

zlj6166 该用户已被删除
发表于 2006-4-28 08:51:55 | 显示全部楼层
让我这国家级英语大师来翻译一下吧:

能力比文凭更重要很多

我畏缩当每一次我走入被一种低声音捕捉而且问的街道: "你需要一张文凭吗?" 它似乎是现在在文凭的棒需要方面是时间。 如果你去一个才能市场,你可能被困惑, 哪里你可能看一些公司写: " 唯一的毕业生需要 ", 当一些其它写的时候 "我们只需要有着一个五年工作经验的人。" 它似乎是没有面对文凭和能力的重要一致性。 今天, 藉由跟随我主张能力比文凭更重要很多的理由。
第一,学问的真正目标是给能力, 不对于文凭。 当你知道," 高的标志 , 低的能力 " 是在学院学生之中的一种相当通常的现象。举例来说,一些学生所关心的是标志和文凭,但是当一经他们要做某事的时候,他们无法处理它。 然后他们如何能可能地被公司雇用做一个工作? 第二,高的能力能带来与公司有棒的相关或者使社会相等。 比尔盖兹,有低的文凭,设定一个好例子。 对于真的他的贡献在他的文凭中不放置除了在他的能力方面之外。 另外的一个理由是能力在一个社会中是活的保证充满紧竞争, 当文凭只是一个试金石带给你更多机会找一个工作的时候。然而,一经你赢得一些, 决定你的命运除了你的能力之外不是你的文凭的真正的重要事物。
我有意低劣的那一张文凭不不重要吗。 我所想要辩论的只是,当我们正在学习的时候, 我们将不只专心表面, 但是对它的最本质。 我确定强烈的能力可能提供我们美丽的未来!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-6-6 14:32 , Processed in 0.449062 second(s), 8 queries , Redis On.