找回密码
 注册
搜索
热搜: 超星 读书 找书
楼主: brianleeeee

[【立法评述】] brianleeeee特供:外文原版政法图书专贴(请勿跟贴!)

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2007-12-12 08:06:53 | 显示全部楼层
Regulating the Internal Market

By Niamh Nic Shuibhne
    [li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  370 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-11-30 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1845420330 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781845420338 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
This fascinating new book explores the management of the internal market from a legal perspective. While the EU agenda is currently dominated by the processes of Treaty reform, this assessment of both market and constitutional governance evaluates the coherence or otherwise of the project at the very core of European integration. Confronted with a free market nearing completion, with a relatively formulaic application of internal market law, the book portrays how this is mirrored in a growing tendency to hand the market `back' to the Member States and, increasingly, to authorities and bodies (both public and private) therein. We see too, however, an internal market framework that strains to cope with a series of challenges, both internal and external to the EU itself.

The approach of the contributors is twofold - on one hand they reflect thematically on questions of regulation which cut across the spectrum of the market and its freedoms. On the other hand they adopt more sector-specific lenses (including, for example, regulation of the media and the Internet) through which contemporary regulatory dynamics can be reconsidered.

Providing analysis of contemporary challenges facing the internal market, this book will be of great interest to academics, researchers and students working in the field of EC law. It will also appeal to national and Community policy makers as it seeks to locate the constitutional and regulatory boundaries of the internal market sphere.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75836433/9781845420338-1845420330.rar
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/libz/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/0.jpg

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-12 08:08:53 | 显示全部楼层
The New Balancing Act in the Business of Higher Education

By Robert Louis Clark, Madeleine D'ambrosio
    [li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  217 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-11-06 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1845427319 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781845427313 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
`In The New Balancing Act in the Business of Higher Education, senior insiders and noted scholars assess the economic conditions facing America's universities and colleges in the 21st century. The picture they paint is not bright. In forthright and unflinching - but far from despondent - language, the authors consider many important issues that must be addressed even as they are often (wishfully) overlooked: stagnating college enrollment rates; the need for cost containment and systemic reorganization; institutional inertia; contingent and contract faculty; and the decline in state funding. This volume is full of useful insights and clear interpretations to aid policymakers and scholars in shaping a more optimistic future for higher education in the US.' - Clive R. Belfield, Queens College, City University of New York, US

This volume book, second in part of the TIAA-CREF Institute Series on Higher Education, is based on a national conference, The New Balancing Act in the Business of Higher Education, which was convened by the TIAA-CREF Institute in November 2005.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75820170/9781845427313-1845427319.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-12 08:11:12 | 显示全部楼层
Criminalization of Competition Law Enforcement: Economic And Legal Implications For The EU Member States

By Katalin J. Cseres, Maarten-Pieter Schinkel, Floris O. W. Vogelaar
    [li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  356 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-11-06 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1845426088 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781845426088 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
This timely book brings together contributions from prominent scholars and practitioners to the ongoing debate on the criminalization of competition law enforcement.

Recognizing that existing remedies and sanctions may be insufficient to deter breaches of competition law, several EU Member States have followed the US example and introduced pecuniary penalties for executives, professional disqualification orders, and even jail sentences. Addressing issues such as unsolved legal puzzles, standard of proof, leniency programs and internal cartel stability, this book is a marker for future policy debate.

With perspectives from an international cast of contributors, Criminalization of Competition Law Enforcement will be of great interest to academics and policy makers as well as students and practitioners in law.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75819892/9781845426088-1845426088.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-12 08:13:14 | 显示全部楼层
Fighting Crime Together: The Challenges of Policing and Security Networks

By Jenny Fleming, Jennifer Wood
    [li]Publisher:  UNSW Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  281 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2007-02-15 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  0868409235 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9780868409238 [/li][li]Binding:  Paperback [/li]

Book Description:
Whether they want to or not, police are increasingly having to work with and through many local, national and international partnerships. This edited collection explores the development of policing and security networks. It looks at ways in which police can develop new strategies for integrating the knowledge, capacities and resources of different security providers and assesses the challenges associated with such a venture.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75818569/9780868409238-0868409235.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-12 08:14:59 | 显示全部楼层
Environmental Law in Development: Lessons from the Indonesian Experience (New Horizons in Environmental Law Series)

By Michael Faure, Nicole Niessen
    [li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  337 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-12-30 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1845425197 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781845425197 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
This book asks whether environmental law and policy in developed countries can be successfully transferred to developing countries. It questions whether developing countries are indeed ready and able to implement new ideas from the developed world, such as the integration of environmental law, and use of market-oriented instruments.

The authors draw insights from the case of Indonesia, where they have experience of drafting environmental legislation, and which is itself in the early stages of development. Through these insights they seek to understand why environmental law that has been well developed in theory, can in practice be difficult to monitor and adequately enforce. Indeed, a further question central to the book is why developing environmental law does not necessarily result in an efficient environmental policy. Taking a comparative perspective, and using a multi-faceted methodology that draws on constitutional and administrative law, human rights law, criminal and liability law and international law, as well as law and economics, the authors conclude with an outline of some of the lessons that can be learnt by other jurisdictions seeking to develop environmental law.

Lawyers, environmental engineers and social scientists involved in environmental law and policy in developing countries will find much to interest them in this book, as will those concerned with development studies or with a particular interest in the case of Indonesia.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/75819551/9781845425197-1845425197.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-16 11:36:44 | 显示全部楼层
A Black and White Case: How Affirmative Action Survived Its Greatest Legal Challenge

By
Greg Stohr
    [li]Publisher:  Bloomberg Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  333 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-04-15 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1576602273 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781576602270 [/li][li]Binding:  Paperback [/li]

Book Description:
Now in paperback, the acclaimed history of the most important legal fight affirmative action has ever faced?the two historic University of Michigan cases that led to the Supreme Court's 2003 Grutter v. Bollinger ruling. "Seldom does a book of its genre match the quality of Gideon's Trumpet... Stohr comes very close in his fascinating, insightful A Black and White Case." - Choice The stories behind these pivotal lawsuits are told from multiple perspectives: the rejected white applicants who sued, the conservative legal group that saw the cases as the ticket to a color-blind Constitution, the university officials who called race-conscious admissions indispensable to their mission, and the judges who waged behind the scenes battles for control of the cases. Greg Storh followed the trials from Michigan to Washington, DC, with insider access to all the key parties. This is an important work on the law and on race relations in America.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/76812201/A_Black_and_White_Case._How_Affirmative_Action_Survived_Its_Greatest_Legal_Challenge.pdf.zip
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Brian%20Lee/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/1.jpg

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-16 11:39:26 | 显示全部楼层
A Common Law for Europe

By
Gian Antonio Benacchio, Barbara Pasa
    [li]Publisher:  Central European University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  330 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-07-01 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  9637326340 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9789637326349 [/li][li]Binding:  Paperback [/li]
下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/76812342/A_Common_Law_for_Europe.pdf.zip
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Brian%20Lee/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/1.jpg

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-16 11:41:41 | 显示全部楼层
An Introduction to International Institutional Law

By
Jan Klabbers
    [li]Publisher:  Cambridge University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  438 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2003-02-17 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  0521520932 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9780521520935 [/li][li]Binding:  Paperback [/li]

Book Description:
International organizations are unusual creations: generated by and for their member states, they must also often compete with member states. This complicated relationship leads to some uncertainty in the law, and the legal argument of an organization may often be counterpointed by an equally valid argument from a member state. Aware of this relationship in his comprehensive analysis of international institutional law, Jan Klabbers re-appraises the status of international organizations in this text for advanced law and international relations students.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/76813977/An_Introduction_to_International_Institutional_Law.pdf.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-18 09:59:12 | 显示全部楼层
Civil Society And Legitimate European Governance

By Stijn Smismans
    [li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  336 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-06-06 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1843769468 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781843769460 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
This book explores the concept of `civil society', which over recent years has been revived and introduced into the institutional debate within the EU. Significantly, EU institutions themselves have made reference to civil society and, on an academic plane, it has been argued that the debate on the legitimacy of European governance should value the role of civil society organizations.
Bringing together lawyers and political scientists, the book studies the role of civil society organizations in the multi-level context of European governance. Civil Society and Legitimate European Governance bridges the distance between normative suggestions, legal instruments and empirical analysis.
Providing original contributions to the research on European governance, this book will appeal to all scholars and students with an interest in European integration and European institutions.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77242856/Civil_Society_and_Legitimate_European_Governance.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-18 10:10:19 | 显示全部楼层
Company Law in the New Europe: The EU Acquis, Comparative Methodology, And Model Law (Corporations, Globalisation and the Law)

By Janet Dine, Marios Koutsias, Michael Blecher
    [li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  369 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2007-03-07 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1845424158 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781845424152 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
`This study on the potential of law to ensure the social responsibility of companies is an innovative and important study. It is a topical contribution to the sociology of market economies in transition. It is a unique effort to provide detailed practical guidance for the design of company law in developing economies in general and the "new Europe" in particular.'
- Christian Joerges, European University Institute Florence, Italy
This book provides comprehensive analysis of the recent enlargement of the EU, shedding light on the rationale behind the EU's decisions to enlarge, examining the side effects these choices have on a range of EU policies and particularly on the effect of the Acquis on candidate countries.
Emphasis is placed on the area of company law, which occupies a central part in a country's economic planning and therefore its commercial law. Past enlargements are thoroughly explained and the potential impact of the new political landscape in Europe in the wake of the popular rejection of the European Constitutional Treaty on future enlargements is evaluated. A comparative methodology for commercial law drafting in transition and developing economies is put forward and the book concludes with a complete draft of a model company law for transition (and developing) economies. The aim is to provide a template for discussion.
This book will be of great interest to those interested in considering the influence that the prospect of EU membership has on transition countries in general, the emphasis being on laws vital to emerging market economies, particularly commercial and company law.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77243445/Company_Law_in_the_New_Europe.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-18 10:12:29 | 显示全部楼层
Competition Policy and Law in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan

By Mark Williams
    [li]Publisher:  Cambridge University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  492 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2005-10-17 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  052183631X [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9780521836319 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
This book comprehensively examines competition policy and law in Greater China--the People's Republic, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. The evolution of pro-competition policies in each jurisdiction is traced in the context of international developments in competition policy adoption by developing and transitional economies as well as the advocacy of competition adoption by the following international organizations- WTO, OECD, UNCTAD, the World Bank and the IMF. A theoretical explanation of the observed developments concludes that successful competition policy adoption is unlikely to succeed, without a functioning democratic system.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77243854/Competition_Policy_and_Law_in_China__Hong_Kong_and_Taiwan.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-18 10:14:28 | 显示全部楼层
Standards of Value: Theory and Applications

By Jay E. Fishman, Shannon P. Pratt, William J. Morrison
    [li]Publisher: Wiley [/li][li]Number Of Pages: 368 [/li][li]Publication Date: 2006-11-10 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0471694835 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780471694830 [/li][li]Binding: Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
A must-read for appraisers, accountants, judges, attorneys, and appraisal users, this insightful book addresses standards of value as applied in four distinct contexts: estate and gift taxation; shareholder dissent and oppression; divorce; and financial reporting. Here, practitioners will discover some of the intricacies of performing services in these venues, and appraisers will find this book helpful in understanding why the practitioners are asking such questions.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77248871/Fi0471694va835.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-18 10:16:42 | 显示全部楼层
Conflict of Norms in Public International Law: How WTO Law Relates to other Rules of International Law (Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law)

By Joost Pauwelyn
    [li]Publisher:  Cambridge University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  554 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2003-08-25 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  0521824885 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9780521824880 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
How do trade agreements interact with agreements on human rights or the environment? In case of conflict, which agreement should prevail? Must trade disputes be examined only from the angle of trade rules or should account be taken also of non-trade values? Joost Pauwelyn considers these questions and reveals how the different rules of international law interact, with the aid of procedural guidelines when conflict occurs. This book interests trade diplomats, international civil servants, lawyers, NGOs and scholars of public international law and international trade law.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77244411/Conflict_of_Norms_in_Public_International_Law.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-18 10:19:01 | 显示全部楼层
Complying with Europe: EU Harmonisation and Soft Law in the Member States
(Themes in European Governance)

By Gerda Falkner, Oliver Treib, Miriam Hartlapp, Simone Leiber
    [li]Publisher:  Cambridge University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  418 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2005-06-27 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  0521849942 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9780521849944 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
What does EU law truly mean for the member states? This book presents the first encompassing and in-depth empirical study of the effects of 'voluntaristic' and (partly) 'soft' EU policies in all 15 member states. It examines 90 case studies across a range of EU Directives and clarifies contemporary issues in political science, integration theory, and social policy. The study concludes that major implementation failures prevail and that, to date, the European Commission has not been able to adequately perform its control function.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77244183/Complying_With_Europe.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-19 09:31:34 | 显示全部楼层
Punishment: A Comparative Historical Perspective

By Terance D. Miethe, Hong Lu

[li]Publisher: Cambridge University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages: 252 [/li][li]Publication Date: 2004-11-15 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0521605164 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780521605168 [/li][li]Binding: Paperback [/li]

Book Description:
This book identifies and examines the sources of similarities and differences in types of economic punishments, incapacitation devices and structures, and lethal and non-lethal forms of corporal punishment over time and place. The authors survey punishment responses to crime and deviance across different regions of the world and in specific countries like the United States, China, and Saudi Arabia.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77467305/Mi0m5216in05164.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-19 09:34:02 | 显示全部楼层
Economic Espionage and Industrial Spying (Cambridge Studies in Criminology)

By Hedieh Nasheri
    [li]Publisher: Cambridge University Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages: 286 [/li][li]Publication Date: 2004-12-06 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN: 0521543711 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN: 9780521543712 [/li][li]Binding: Paperback [/li]

Book Description:
Hedieh Nasheri investigates the current state of industrial espionage, revealing the far-reaching effects of advances in computing and wireless communications, in view of the recent revolution in information technology. Synthesizing perspectives from leading national and international authorities, Nasheri analyzes the historical and conceptual foundations of economic espionage, trade secret thefts, and industrial spying. She demonstrates how these activities impact society, and tracks the legislative and statutory efforts to control them. The international ramifications of economic espionage are emphasized and more than 40 accounts of noteworthy cases and episodes are included. Hedieh Nasheri is a professor of Justice Studies at Kent State University and a Visiting Professor at the University of Turku Law school in Finland. She has written and lectured extensively in the areas of law and social sciences and has given a number of invited lectures nationally and internationally on a wide range of policy and law related topics. She is the recipient of several international awards and grants. More recently, she received a grant from the State Department of the United States for studying issues related to "Organized Crime, Terrorism, and Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Central Europe. She was awarded a Visiting Fellowship at the University of London's Institute of Advanced Legal Studies to conduct an investigation on issues related to intellectual property law and its relation to transnational crimes for the International Center at National Institute of Justice. She was a principal consultant on a grant project at Columbia University's National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, investigating Internet and international regulatory aspects of diversion and abuse of prescription drugs. Professor Nasheri has authored four books, including Betrayal of Due Process (1998) and Crime and Justice in the age of Court TV (2002). Her work has been cited in the United States Code Annotated with respect to the Economic Espionage Act, by the Blue Ribbon Commission on Jury System Improvement, the Australian Parliament, the United Nations' International Criminal Tribunal, the United Nations Commission on Crime Prevention, and the South African Law Commission. Professor Nasheri's research interests pertain to four related topics: law and Technology, Protection of Trade Secrets and Economic Espionage, Cyber-Crimes, and Comparative Jurisprudence.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77469329/Na05es21543711y.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-19 09:36:17 | 显示全部楼层
Defending Interests: Public-Private Partnerships in W.T.O. Litigation

By Gregory C. Shaffer
    [li]Publisher:  Brookings Institution Press [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  160 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2003-12 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  0815778309 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9780815778301 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:
This book examines the growing interaction between private enterprises and public officials to challenge foreign trade barriers. Building on more than one hundred interviews with former and current trade officials and private attorneys in the United States and Europe, Gregory Shaffer calls attention to the ways in which well-organized private parties are using the World Trade Organization's legal system to advance their own commercial ambitions, and how public officials increasingly are dependent on their assistance.
Shaffer assesses the historical, political, legal, economic, and cultural factors that have affected the formation of these ad hoc public-private partnerships, as well as trends in the European Union toward U.S.-style practice. He considers the implications of these public-private trade litigation networks for the effectiveness and equity of the WTO system and the stability of U.S.-E.U. relations.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77494355/Defending_Interests.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-19 18:26:24 | 显示全部楼层
Elgar Encyclopedia of Comparative Law (Elgar Original Reference)

By Jan M. Smits

[li]Publisher:  Edward Elgar Publishing [/li][li]Number Of Pages:  821 [/li][li]Publication Date:  2006-07-30 [/li][li]ISBN-10 / ASIN:  1845420136 [/li][li]ISBN-13 / EAN:  9781845420130 [/li][li]Binding:  Hardcover [/li]

Book Description:

`The Elgar Encyclopedia of Comparative Law looks set to become an indispensable source for the ever increasing body of lawyers needing accurate information on the structure and working of foreign systems as well as on points of a substantive law. Edited by Professor Jan Smits of Maastricht University the Encyclopedia is the work of an extremely strong international team of noted specialists. Comprising articles on the nature, methodology and focus of comparative law, on the legal systems of particular jurisdictions and on matters of substantive law, the work should be a very significant contribution to the literature. It seems likely that the contributions on the "comparative state of affairs" in particular fields of substantive law will be an especially valuable aspect of the work. There will be 37 such articles from "accident compensation" to "unjustified enrichment" with "mistake", "personality rights", "product liability" and "transfer of moveable property" only a sample of what the work will offer. Casting over this list one is again struck by the wealth of established expertise brought together in the Encyclopedia. I have little doubt that I can speak for the worldwide community of comparative lawyers in saying that the Elgar Encyclopedia of Comparative Law is eagerly awaited.' - David L. Carey Miller, University of Aberdeen, UK
`Comparative law is moving swiftly from a long infancy to teenage maturity, and Jan Smits provides the essential tonic. In this outstanding work he has gathered together leading scholars, each his/her own field. Some entries, articles rather, deal with the law of one state, or with one subject, or with comparisons between societies. Each chapter is written with great authority. I agree with many of the arguments and disagree with others. This is the nature of healthy adolescence. The volume is a great advance of comparative law scholarship. I am immensely grateful to Professor Smits.' - Alan Watson, University of Georgia, US
`The list of contributors is truly impressive, not only for its length (69 authors) and its geographic and jurisdictional diversity (22 jurisdictions), but also for its high caliber. The list includes some of the most accomplished comparatists of our time, as well as many of the rising stars of the new generation. Their combined experience and effort should reward even the most demanding of readers.' - Symeon C. Symeonides, Willamette University College of Law, US
The first of its kind, this comprehensive Encyclopedia on comparative law takes stock of present-day comparative law scholarship.
Written by authorities in their respective fields, the contributions in this accessible book cover and combine not only questions regarding the methodology of comparative law, but also specific areas of law (such as administrative law and criminal law) and specific topics (such as accident compensation and consideration). In addition, the Encyclopedia contains reports on a selected set of countries legal systems and as a whole presents an overview of the current state of affairs.
Providing its readers with a unique point of reference, as well as stimulus for further research, this volume is an indispensable tool for anyone interested in comparative law, especially students and scholars.

下载地址:
http://rapidshare.com/files/77497326/Elgar_Encyclopedia_of_Comparative_Law.zip

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-23 02:11:23 | 显示全部楼层
Animal Rights and Moral Philosophy

Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: Columbia Univ Pr (2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0231134231
ISBN-13: 978-0231134231
Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 5.4 x 0.6 inches
Shipping Weight: 7 ounces

Review

"Julian Franklin gives us a clear and fair-minded critique of what contemporary philosophers have to say about the moral rights of animals. At the core of his book is a carefully argued rereading of the key texts of Kant against Kant himself. A valuable contribution to a vital debate." -- J. M. Coetzee, winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature

"This slim but persuasive volume presents a masterful analysis of the philosophical underpinnings of animal rights, showing the inadequacy of accounts given by Peter Singer, Tom Regan, and other theorists. Franklin's theory, grounded in a modified Kantian approach, will now be essential reading on this subject." -- Cynthia Grant Bowman, professor of law, Northwestern University School of Law

"A welcome addition to the expanding body of work on animal rights. Highly readable and insightful." -- Tom Regan, author of Empty Cages: Facing the Challenge of Animal Rights

http://rapidshare.com/files/77856445/9780231134224-0231134223.rar

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-12-23 02:17:06 | 显示全部楼层
EU Enlargement and the Constitutions of Central and Eastern Europe
(Cambridge Studies in European Law and Policy)

Hardcover: 290 pages
Publisher: Cambridge University Press (September 5, 2005)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0521845416
ISBN-13: 978-0521845410
Product Dimensions: 9 x 6.2 x 1 inches
Book Description
In the wake of the EU's greatest enlargement, this book explores the adaptation of the constitutions of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) for membership in the European Union. In response to the painful past, these new constitutions were notably closed to transfer of powers to international organizations, and accorded a prominent status to sovereignty and independence. A little more than a decade later, the process of amending these provisions in view of the transfer of sovereign powers to a supranational organization has proved a sensitive and controversial exercise.

About the Author
Lecturer in European Law, University of Kent, Canterbury.

下载地址:http://rapidshare.com/files/77499215/EU_Enlargement_and_the_Constitutions_of_Central_and_Eastern_Europe.zipfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Brian%20Lee/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/1.jpg

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|网上读书园地

GMT+8, 2024-5-28 01:21 , Processed in 0.421816 second(s), 4 queries , Redis On.